FIFA World Cup Quarter Finals Day 1

PS: Go, Messi, the World Cup is now all yours to shine. Enjoy it.

The way the referees are connive with the violence, Messi should take care.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Neymar. He may dive a bit, but he doesn't seem to have the arrogance of Ronaldo. Plus he's not Messi of Ronaldo. So that always helps.

It is not anything against Brazil that cause people to want other teams to win. For a neutral having a new champion is a good thing. But it is absolutely horrible that a fantastic clash between Brazil and Germany will be marred by the absence of Silva and Neymar. German fans can sympathize with that because most major games over the last 10 years have been played with one key player suspended.

Very unfortunate to see Neymar out for the tournament. The Brazil - Colombia match was also very unfortunate in general. Neither team came out looking good and the officials just didn't stay in control.

Hopefully none of the other matches will be this, err, cagey.

At least it wasn't as bad as Portugal-Netherlands in 2006 or Netherlands-Spain in 2010. Now those were horrible matches and probably weighed on the mind of the official. He starts bandying about yellow cards too early and it will be sending-offs every couple of minutes in the end.

I think the spanish ref was in the first half too lax concerning the fouls - the players of both teams tried to figure out how far they can go...

Furthermore I am astonished that the ref didn't talk with the two team captains to stop the fouls right from the start - of course I know that Portuguese isn't spanish, but Colombians, Brazilians and Spanish people can understand a lot in the language of the other ones...

Back injuries are the worse. They never go away...Neymar will still play eventually but it will be a sports injury that will follow him for the rest of his career. :( . Straight dirty play by Zunigar IMO.

Should be investigated.

In saying that, the Ref did keep the match at high intensity and there were dodgy fouls in every sequence of play. It was one of the best games so far.

There were fouls committed by both Teams in that Game in all fairness. Unlucky Neymar, but Colombia were unlucky overall IMO.

What I mean is, so that it isn't taken the wrong way, I meant Colombia deserved more from that Game, regardless of the bad foul.

Archived