Government dismisses chief of protocol of the Olympics .

Palácio do Itamaraty iluminado com as cores da bandeira brasileira para a Olimpíada 2016

A week before the start of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decided to dismiss the chief of protocol, Ambassador Fernando Igreja, responsible for all the organization of the reception of heads of state of Rio 2016, for political reasons. According to sources consulted by Reuters, the ambassador was out of office to be seen as linked to the government of President Dilma Rousseff away, since it was the Foreign Ministry's ceremonial head for three and a half years and has clear sympathy for the previous government. The order was given by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, José Serra, and Igreja was informed directly by the minister's office chief, Ambassador Julio Bitelli. However, a source heard on condition of anonymity revealed to Reuters that the decision left the Planalto Palace, coming from a minister of the senior. Church was not informed of the reasons for his departure. However, the same source says that the Igreja fell into the Presidential decision to withdraw from leadership positions anyone who shows sympathy by the previous government.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares if performers are world famous or not? As long as they work for the show, in the moment, that's what matters most. These ceremonies are about cities showing the world the face THEY want

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are

I watched quite a lot of the videos and pictures you guys thankfully posted here, and I must say, that I'm looking very much forward to the opening ceremony. What I have seen so far is surprisingly im

And looks like we have our first organization problem with the Opening Ceremony. Long lines to enter the stadium when the Pre-Show already began

7fa5d5c4a52a4884b89305acb046eecf.jpg

Also I think i'll be posting pics with the Spoiler tag from now on in order to avoid pissing certain people at this board.

4 hours ago, neneu10 said:

13739382_841448815956039_1336239448_n.jp

13827412_1777305752524226_255172514_n.jp

In this photo the central panel of the big white semi-circular backdrop behind the favelas seems not to have rejoined as a visibly tight seal.  There seems some separation at the vertical two joins.

This is the central panel expected to be lowered to allow the Cauldrn to travel outward on the overhead tracks

if that's where the Cauldron actually is (?)

I think I need to stop opening the spoilers. Just opening the periscope for a second and it looks pretty nice. I'm going to a watch party so I don't want to be the guy who knows exactly whats going to happen all the time...