Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares if performers are world famous or not? As long as they work for the show, in the moment, that's what matters most. These ceremonies are about cities showing the world the face THEY want

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are

I watched quite a lot of the videos and pictures you guys thankfully posted here, and I must say, that I'm looking very much forward to the opening ceremony. What I have seen so far is surprisingly im

 

The entire show will be limited to the ' white space ' ? The black edges are going to be used ?

-

So far the ceremony worries me , apaentemente be too simple compared to the previous , full of mass choreographies with few technological devices . Apart from projections. The idea of shortening the parade of athletes making them march straight is good . But if they economize for example, 40 minutes with it ... what they will do with those 40 minutes will be left? Given the lack of resources , a 2-hour show could help bring to devote the remaining time show to be something done .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OlymNay said:

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are working so hard to give their best. Lets wait until august 5 to jugde

This 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After tomorrow's rehearsal and when we see the leaks, then we'll have good reasons to be either excited or worried. Until then, everything are just conjectures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevzz said:

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

China's HDI is lower than the brazilian, lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevzz said:

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

If Rio can't give us the same quality as previous hosts (this goes for everything to do with their Games) then they shouldn't have been awarded them.

There's no reason anyone should lower their expectations. Brazil wanted these Games to show the world they can compete with more traditionally developed countries. Now's their chance to show it.

I agree with others. Judging things by a few leaked pictures is stupid. Stop being so impatient people! Less than a week to wait!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I will not applaud a simple ceremony .

The organization needs to have the dignity to make an incredible show. These speech: ' It will be simple but exciting ' . Which is repeated not like , in fact worries me ... Maybe 2016 would be appropriate 20 years ago .

I hope to be wrong on August 5 .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not a big fan of either the NHS segment or that one which followed. But the Pandemonium one was one of the best opening segments i've ever seen in my life.

Also I think Greece economy wasn't also that big when they hosted the 2004 games. Sure, the aftermath was a disaster but at least the actual games were not bad and the delays weren't as bad as Rio's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's Anthony wrong eith lowering our expectation. We need to learn to live with a different, more economical kind of Games and ceremony if we want more to see more developing nations to host the Games. It's just being realistic and managing expectation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, neneu10 said:

Is M going to assign James Bond a new mission after London's? :P 

 

5 minutes ago, Rafael said:

579bad26d2e07.jpeg

Love and Peace symbol seems reminiscing to a certain part of Montreal 1976 opening where the performers formed that symbol during the Tribute to Athletes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Is M going to assign James Bond a new mission after London's? :P 

 

Love and Peace symbol seems reminiscing to a certain part of Montreal 1976 opening where the performers formed that symbol during the Tribute to Athletes.

And London

PMFZFBq.jpg

l8Dazt5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot about that one. Then again I  put that segment in a special place of my mind where I like placing things I rather prefer to think they never happened. Ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

I'm still not a big fan of either the NHS segment or that one which followed. But the Pandemonium one was one of the best opening segments i've ever seen in my life.

Also I think Greece economy wasn't also that big when they hosted the 2004 games. Sure, the aftermath was a disaster but at least the actual games were not bad and the delays weren't as bad as Rio's.

Population of Greece: 11 million

Population of the Rio de Janeiro metropolitan area (which isn't even the largest in Brazil): 12 million

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brasilolimpico said:

 

I will not applaud a simple ceremony .

The organization needs to have the dignity to make an incredible show. These speech: ' It will be simple but exciting ' . Which is repeated not like , in fact worries me ... Maybe 2016 would be appropriate 20 years ago .

I hope to be wrong on August 5 .

l8Dazt5.jpg

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Forgot about that one. Then again I  put that segment in a special place of my mind where I like placing things I rather prefer to think they never happened. Ever.

I'm hoping "simple but exciting" means "not trying to cram too much in like that pop music / movies / love story segment in London did".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OlymNay said:

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are working so hard to give their best. Lets wait until august 5 to jugde

 

Well, correct judgment will probably be made by the August 3rd Dress Rehearsal.  Then we'll all know how it looks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevzz said:

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

 
 

Uhmm... Athens 1896?  Antwerp 1920?   Mexico 1968?  Seoul 1988?  Barcelona 1992?   Athens 2004?

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...