Sign in to follow this  
Alexjc

Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

And finally, from 0:34 to 0:56, the access for players to the field, before the reform. This is the only existing tunnel in Maracanã.

It's happening an event at the Christ the Reedemer.

They're showing some lighting that will be displayed on the statued during the Olympics cerimonies. 

CofgbULUEAEYYSS.jpg

CofjtyqVUAEjotN.jpg

37 minutes ago, illustrado said:

CoQVcOJW8AEA5sB.jpg

CoQVeKrXEAAvN0p.jpg

Thanks Neneu10 for the fantastic behind-the-scenes photos.

Those overhead tracks that maybe the Cauldron will travel outward on,  look at this angle,  to be uncomfortably close for a big flaming kinetic Cauldron to be that near the surrounding materials, boxes, roof, scenery, lights, etc.

Perhaps also the full length of tracks ans supporting  Cauldron aparatus is not yet in place.

Or perhaps that "Cauldron" we saw earlier in the week hidden behind is not even travelling on those overhead tracks ? 

2 hours ago, Mauricio said:

And finally, from 0:34 to 0:56, the access for players to the field, before the reform. This is the only existing tunnel in Maracanã.

OK, Mauricio, I guess I  hoped they would build tunnels under the field to make it easier to move people and props like Sochi and Beijing did.  I mistook all that equipment to them lowering the field.  

2 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Thanks Neneu10 for the fantastic behind-the-scenes photos.

Those overhead tracks that maybe the Cauldron will travel outward on,  look at this angle,  to be uncomfortably close for a big flaming kinetic Cauldron to be that near the surrounding materials, boxes, roof, scenery, lights, etc.

Perhaps also the full length of tracks ans supporting  Cauldron aparatus is not yet in place.

Or perhaps that "Cauldron" we saw earlier in the week hidden behind is not even travelling on those overhead tracks ? 

As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire,

or in this case,

where there are tracks, there's a cauldron

Not a fan of this oldest trope of giant smiling faces... hope they are not moving images, that will be even more creepy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire,

or in this case,

where there are tracks, there's a cauldron

Almost certain now the cauldron will travel out with the track and the final torchbearer will lit the cauldron overhead from the platform box.

• Like 1

I can honestly say we have more pictures from this opening ceremony rehearsals than I'v seen from any other yet I have no idea what the ceremony is about

London we knew almost ever segment and what is was trying to portray by the time the curtain rose on the OC this time around I have no clue what to expect even though we are seeing so much. I'm getting excited for the show now. and even more so for the lighting of this cauldron than any other. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alphamale86 said:

I can honestly say we have more pictures from this opening ceremony rehearsals than I'v seen from any other yet I have no idea what the ceremony is about

London we knew almost ever segment and what is was trying to portray by the time the curtain rose on the OC this time around I have no clue what to expect even though we are seeing so much. I'm getting excited for the show now. and even more so for the lighting of this cauldron than any other. 

And weirdly, there's no props to be seen anywhere yet. Is this going to be just a human formation ceremony?

30 minutes ago, kevzz said:

And weirdly, there's no props to be seen anywhere yet. Is this going to be just a human formation ceremony?

A good question for which I hope there will be a truly surprising answer.

17 minutes ago, illustrado said:

you want props where you go.

372855030e0cbe4326b85fe8a8b15e9660f8a2ff

it looks like placebearers. this is equally diapointing and interesting

Interesting, I actually really like these! A move away from the usual placebearers. I think it's safe to say this will be a very colourful ceremony