8 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

I've seen the ceremonies from various other networks including NBC and I didn't notice a huge difference with the exception of course the editing out of some things because it wasn't aired live here in the US. But the one segment NBC did far better than other networks is how they filmed the Clepsydra segment. It was clearly a segment meant more for home viewing than stadium viewing and while some networks stupidly had cameras wander around the stadium to see nothing NBC managed to show you the most of what happened in that parade.

NBC

Worldwide

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares if performers are world famous or not? As long as they work for the show, in the moment, that's what matters most. These ceremonies are about cities showing the world the face THEY want

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are

I watched quite a lot of the videos and pictures you guys thankfully posted here, and I must say, that I'm looking very much forward to the opening ceremony. What I have seen so far is surprisingly im

2 minutes ago, neneu10 said:

NBC

Worldwide

Oh yes, because you posting both videos for comparison when I just finished saying that I already saw various versions and didn't notice a huge difference is going to convince me that I in fact was wrong.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13418-1349223535-0.

Also, I saw them already within the last 2 weeks.

Just now, Nacholympic said:

NBC has some cool angles not seen in the worlwide boradcast.

For segment Pandemonium in London 2012 OC, BBC aires some footages not seen in others networks...

The over-rated Athens 2004 show is quite impressive in the HD version -- I believe the first HD telecast of an Olympic ceremony. 

The Brazilian National Anthem should be presented in version for orchestra and chorus. Otherwise, it gets depleted and loses its sumptuousness. It is a pity that the OC organizers do not think so. Here a rendition for orchestra, perfomed by the Symphonic Orchestra of the State of São Paulo.

4 hours ago, paul said:

I love Athens ceremony.......THE BEST EVER.

I agree. Athens the best ever, Nagano the worst ever.

5 hours ago, neneu10 said:

NBC

Worldwide

Here are just some of the things that I find disappointing in the NBC version of the opening segment alone:

- Shot of drummer video screen with fountain and traffic in background (Worldwide is clean shot just of the screen).

- Wide angle when drummer stepped into the water (Worldwide follows the drummer from behind when he stepped into the water with the screen drummer in front, great angle and shows the synchronicity more)

- Front shot when the flame slings into the water (Worldwide is a wide shot which shows more fully the flame trajectory and the Olympic rings formation)

Obviously there's so many more throughout the ceremony that doesn't do justice to the directors intention and lack the thought and care to present the ceremony in the best possible way. 

You guys are whining about things which are past and you have no control over -- and setting yourselves up for disappointment, like saying this is how it should be done or not done -- when the actual people in charge are going by their script.  :(  :wacko:  

5 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

For segment Pandemonium in London 2012 OC, BBC aires some footages not seen in others networks...

Even in London, NBC was more "non-standard" with its cameras than BBC (except for coverage of Team GB, of course). Reviewing the NBC variant camerawork recently, I'd have to say it usually improved on the live editing, with wide shots sometimes inserted when the live version held a close-up for too long.

6 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

, with wide shots sometimes inserted when the live version held a close-up for too long.

Which is how it should be.  My main beef w./ NBC is cutting out segments due to time constraints that it considers superfluous. I know...I know.  But I guess when you throw billions at it, you can edit it any which way you want.  

17 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

I talk about this.... Specific in minutes:

5:55

6:25

9:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NBHx80ovY

17 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

12 minutes ago, Oooswald said:

I don't know how people can be negative or positive about photos like that. They don't show anything meaningful  to create a opinion about the OC.

Not to say that it was broadcasted today by Globo, Globo News. An entire segment on this subject. But at this point, Oooswald, after having seen soo many wrong choices (wrong ones, IMO, I mean), so many opportunities lost, so much money involved, I have no great expectation regarding the OC. If there is funk in I am out. And there will be funk there. A lot of. Also, as much as I am aware, the Anthem perfomed by Paulinho da Viola - nothing against him, but , with the due respect, let's be honest-  Anita, Caetano Veloso... Frankly, they  couldn't be more mistaken.

22 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

Not to say that it was broadcasted today by Globo, Globo News. An entire segment on this subject. But at this point, Oooswald, after having seen soo many wrong choices (wrong ones, IMO, I mean), so many opportunities lost, so much money involved, I have no great expectation regarding the OC. If there is funk in I am out. And there will be funk there. A lot of. Also, as much as I am aware, the Anthem perfomed by Paulinho da Viola - nothing against him, but , with the due respect, let's be honest-  Anita, Caetano Veloso... Frankly, they  couldn't be more mistaken.

I think that's the main problem: people usually put ther personal preferences above all, as I see in your quote "If there is funk in I am out".

Funk is a very rich musical style, created and consumed by a large marginalized (but not only ) portion of the Rio's population. If the opening ceremony was thought to be full of music, related to the formation of Brazilian society and the different types of immigrations who formed the country... it's impossible to leave out samba, funk, rap and other musical styles. The singers mentioned so far are very plural and representative for Brazil and Rio de Janeiro.

Everyone is entitled to dislike specific music styles or singers. They may not be well liked for you or a particular group of people, but we need to look outside the bubble that we live in.

• Like 2

98ecb249f4.jpg

7f976b694f.jpg

Taken from the stadium

lSc1xP3.png?1

13712374_1019539071495095_614912588_n.jp

13707077_164048117349910_605706838_n.jpg

*sees flags*...I forgot Kosovo is going to participate in these games...they better not put them close to the Serbian delegation :unsure: