Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

@Mauricio. I know the one in Atlanta. I had checked out that one tunnel myself.

If you will research other pictures of the renovation work at Maracana, WITHOUT THE HEAVY EQUIPMENT on the field, I think you will find one where the mouth of one tunnel was shown. (Or at least, I would've put one there if I were in charge; because it was done after Beijing and Rio had already been picked as the 2016 host.)

@Mauricio. I know the one in Atlanta. I had checked out that one tunnel myself.

If you will research other pictures of the renovation work at Maracana, WITHOUT THE HEAVY EQUIPMENT on the field, I think you will find one where the mouth of one tunnel was shown. (Or at least, I would've put one there if I were in charge; because it was done after Beijing and Rio had already been picked as the 2016 host.)

Well, Baron, I goona feel amazingly surprised if they have hidden the existance of one or more tunnels from public. Well, that would be great if they had tunnels there because they would have more possibilities to create and perform their ideas, their concepts, like the ine Geometrization bla bla bla...

Flooded-Maracana-stadium--012.jpg

Well, tunnels or not, if they raised the level of the floor that means there might as well be props which will rise from the ground like in London. Though I guess they won't be too large or heavy.

If they have built a raised floor, it's much much more subtle than London's, with probably only a very limited area capable of hiding large contraptions (particularly given the need for human access in case things go a bit Vancouver).

Newspaper 'O Globo': 60 heads of state confirm presence at the opening.

The matter of the newspaper deals with the impeachment, but devotes a short note to the opening ceremony.

The newspaper says that 60 heads of state confirm presence at the ceremony is expected 95 heads of state come to Brazil, the expectation is still Barack Obama will come.

• Like 1

/\/\ It looks like a container shipyard. I think the flags of the nations will defnitely be projected on there!!

The "containers" do have blue curvy outlines on their front faces- except for the ones near the top which have structures like the facade of a skyscraper. That doesn't entirely rule out a rear-projection or LED-screen system though.

It seems that many seats will the vision impaired because of the large screens .
I sincerely hope that 2016 does not sell those seats because not worth R $ 1

Tricky!

In order to maintain a smidgen of surprise, the stack of blue boxes is not indicated on the Opening Ceremony ticketing plan, which makes it look as if you can pay R$200 for a seat which would in reality be inside a blue box (all seats around that end are R$200, which would be about $62 US or £47 GB).

Tricky!

In order to maintain a smidgen of surprise, the stack of blue boxes is not indicated on the Opening Ceremony ticketing plan, which makes it look as if you can pay R$200 for a seat which would in reality be inside a blue box (all seats around that end are R$200, which would be about $62 US or £47 GB).

It's so unfair if they are selling tickets behind the LED screens .
Imagine you prepare for a trip to Rio and discover that it has a huge wall in front that prevents him from seeing the entire stage or much of it .
Even in London 2012, the great tree had no potential to screw up so significantly to the spectators vision that was behind her .

My biggest fear is that this ceremony is too simple. That lacks surprising elements that can put the opening in history. The pattern of London 2012 is the ideal , we do not need to Beijing in 2008 but if we invest in a very simple ceremony , it will appear that we went back to the 70s .