Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

:o

I hope a futuristic ceremony in the style of the Rio 2011 Military Games.

MMmmmm .. but in Military Games we didn't see anything new: Projections shows and usual performances.

I am waiting that Rio can show something new, since the Summer Olympics ceremonies set the tendencies for the next 4 years ceremonies worldwide.

Athens, for instance. set technology. Beijing the mass performances. Vancouver the projections shows. London set the video inclusion in the ceremony (and the contdown video, as well).... And Rio??? That's the eager question!!!

• Like 1

No. They would NOT broadcast a dress rehearsal. Those are still 'secret' and NOT ready to be unveiled to the world. I mean people will come with all their cameras, but technically, it's NOT for open broadcasting. Rio 2016 will want the citizens' cooperation for that.

Indeed cameras are never allowed in dress rehearsals. Anyway, we have seen entire sequence of the ceremonies previous to the day itself due to obstinate people who wants to show the "exclusive footage". For Dress rehearsals in London (which I could see almost the entire ceremony performances two days before the opening day on YouTube) the screens showed #KeepTheSurprise (or sth like this) ...

For Sochi ceremonies we could see the entire Mascot and Troika segments. Beside the ligthing of the cauldron was made in an open space, it was almos imposible to keep the secret.

Remember how they screamed about the "filtered footages" of Beijing opening ceremony caught by a Korean TV channel.,

I clearly remember that the TV news in my country aired long segments of Atlanta '96 dress reharsals (the cheerleader and the Temple of Zeus sections), but four years later in Sydney no cameras were alloded inside the stadium.

Today that's even more difficult having cameras everywhere, Instagram and YouTube. It's just a matter of cooperation....

Athens, for instance. set technology. Beijing the mass performances.

There had been plenty of technology before Athens (e.g. LA84's jetpack; Sydney's cable system and crazy cauldron) and the mass performances go back at least to Berlin 1936 (probably much, much, much further in a non-Olympic context)

Indeed cameras are never allowed in dress rehearsals. ....

For Dress rehearsals in London (which I could see almost the entire ceremony performances two days before the opening day on YouTube) the screens showed #KeepTheSurprise (or sth like this) ...

#SaveTheSurprise was a direct respnse to the reality that you simply cannot ban cameras from dress rehearsals any more, because they are built into everybody's phone. At some point I may stop reading this thread if it seems #SaveTheSurprise cannot be applied to Rio :unsure:

They should have FAKE Ceremonies so that snoops will think those are the Ceremonies and then flash to the world -- then it turns out, that was NOT!! ;)Brilliant strategem, huh?? Am surprised Birch and Ballich have not thought of it yet!!

Excelent strategy!!!!!

• Like 1

Tickets from the cerimonies

r3uiXu94.jpg

MMmmm... they don't reveal anything--- Just remember the tickets for London OC that the cauldron was drawn on them and, despite of speculations, we didin't know it until it was revealed in the ceremony itself....

I agree they do not indicate much...

I don't think they are preparing a "Rio Glastonbury" becaiue of the grass and flowers....

If it indicates something, it shoud be the "floresta" from the Amazonas ....

Or may the claudron would be cover with grass and flowers????

Indeed they are not flowers, but people jumping or dancing :wacko::wacko:<_<<_<

I agree they do not indicate much...

I don't think they are preparing a "Rio Glastonbury" becaiue of the grass and flowers....

If it indicates something, it shoud be the "floresta" from the Amazonas ....

Or may the claudron would be cover with grass and flowers????Indeed they are not flowers, but people jumping or dancing :wacko::wacko:<_<<_<

I thought it was flowers but when I saw the details I thought that it indicates some part of the show. Marco Balich said yesterday on a event that the OC will look like a "futuristic Rosa Magalhães with LSD". I was scared trying to imagine that. And the they confirmed that the ceremony will start at 8 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m.. The CC also starts at 8 p.m. but ends at 10:20 p.m.. There will be a pre-show before each ceremony but they haven't confirmed who is going play/sing.

• Like 3

I thought it was flowers but when I saw the details I thought that it indicates some part of the show. Marco Balich said yesterday on a event that the OC will look like a "futuristic Rosa Magalhães with LSD". I was scared trying to imagine that.

Works for me!

http://www.galeriadosamba.com.br/espacoaberto/topico/189798/0/2/0/

552269.jpg

Can you give us the link with the interview with Marco Balich, please?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see lots of grass/flowers, after all Brazil is known for the Amazon forest and its biodiversity so it's very likely it will have a pivotal role on the Opening.

Can you give us the link with the interview with Marco Balich, please?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see lots of grass/flowers, after all Brazil is known for the Amazon forest and its biodiversity so it's very likely it will have a pivotal role on the Opening.

Sure. It's in portuguese but you can try to translate.

http://glamurama.uol.com.br/abertura-rio-2016-sera-tipo-rosa-magalhaes-com-lsd-aos-detalhes/

Works for me too but not in a futuristic way. The last time they did Rio's Carnaval in a futuristic way was on the Flag Handover in London 2012. And brazilians didn't like very much because we think Rio's Carnaval is beatiful the way it is.

• Like 1

Rosa Magalhães is great for me, I love her job on carnaval and I still loving the Rio 2007 PanAm games OC years later and she did it almost by herself. I like Fernando Meirelles too, he produced that video "unity" for the candidature in 2009. So I think they are preparing a great show. The budget of the OC is R$ 210 millions, more than London (R$ 190 millions), of course I'm comparing the cost in BRL (Brazilians reals) but it can show us that the ceremony will not be so poor.

Rosa Magalhães is great for me, I love her job on carnaval and I still loving the Rio 2007 PanAm games OC years later and she did it almost by herself. I like Fernando Meirelles too, he produced that video "unity" for the candidature in 2009. So I think they are preparing a great show. The budget of the OC is R$ 210 millions, more than London (R$ 190 millions), of course I'm comparing the cost in BRL (Brazilians reals) but it can show us that the ceremony will not be so poor.

It's OK if Brazil goes broke because of over-spending on Ceremonies. It's for a good cause. But if the Ceremonies are lousy, then Que Barbaridad, a government must fall!!

It's OK if Brazil goes broke because of over-spending on Ceremonies. It's for a good cause. But if the Ceremonies are lousy, then Que Barbaridad, a government must fall!!

The ceremonies will not be paid with public money. The Rio 2016 organising comity uses private money, around R$ 7 billion to organise all the games. The government is paying for infraestructure and for some arenas ( Barra Olympic Park is almost totally paid with private money ). The federal government is also paying for secutiry with two ministries: Justice Ministry (Federal Police, Federal Highway Police and the National Public Security Force) and the Defense Ministry ( Armed Forces and Combating terrorism forces). For security, also is being used the Abin ( Brazilian Intelligence Agency) wich is part of the Institutional Security Office of the Presidency of the Republic and the Rio de Janeiro's state polices. Public money has been only used for some venues, for infraestructure and security.

All the operational cost of the olympics, including ceremonies are paid with private money

• Like 1

The last time they did Rio's Carnaval in a futuristic way was on the Flag Handover in London 2012. And brazilians didn't like very much because we think Rio's Carnaval is beatiful the way it is.

I didn't see the 2012 performance as particularly futuristic, apart from the uses of LED lighting. What I found annoying about it was that it had so many small performances which never really blended together. Even just one very large group as a focus with the others weaving around it might have worked better.