Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

I wonder if the arrivals from around the world will create the rings segment. The Japanese people seem to have a red theme. The others in that image appear to be green, could they be Europeans? If each region is given a colour, they could come together to form the rings

To summarize it, directors of the OC said today they had to review their plans due to the economic crisis Brazil is passing through. "The fourth (version of the OC) is like the first one in soul, but it has no money. This last one (version of the OC) was conceived 8 months ago." Now you see, a city bids to host the games, gets the nomination, spends billions of dollars to host the games and cuts the budget for the OC, this kind of unique add that will be broadcasted all around the world. Can you help me? It is insane.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/tem-saara-pra-cacete-dizem-organizadores-da-cerimonia-de-abertura-19852554

1 hour ago, neneu10 said:

immigrants 

And to that point, Brazil has the largest Japanese community in the world outside of Japan. With many living in Sao Paulo. Japan and Brazil are quite close politically. Brazilian soccer players in Japan playing in the J-League/J2 and global superstars like Neymar are treated like royalty in Japan. I've even met Japanese-Brazilians over the years, and they they are impressed that I would know some things about Japanese-Brazilians and the culture there; they often at times have to explain things to us Americans. Never mind we have a Japanese community of our own in the US. There are some notable people there like in skating (Lincoln Ueda) and spokesmodels. But not many in prominence. Could be wrong, though. 

26 minutes ago, Durban Sandshark said:

And to that point, Brazil has the largest Japanese community in the world outside of Japan. With many living in Sao Paulo. Japan and Brazil are quite close politically. Brazilian soccer players in Japan playing in the J-League/J2 and global superstars like Neymar are treated like royalty in Japan. I've even met Japanese-Brazilians over the years, and they they are impressed that I would know some things about Japanese-Brazilians and the culture there; they often at times have to explain things to us Americans. Never mind we have a Japanese community of our own in the US. There are some notable people there like in skating (Lincoln Ueda) and spokesmodels. But not many in prominence. Could be wrong, though. 

You can bet on a closing  cerimony with samba and taiko

8 minutes ago, Conor15 said:

Yeah, like an exchange from the Japanese hosts to the Brazilian hosts

And since apparently the Carnival part was scrapped, they might use that idea in the closing ceremony or maybe one of the Paralympic ceremonies.

http://instagram.frao1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/13877013_273920042982457_1525360559_n.mp4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neneu10 said:

Where's the 5 rings composed of the plants from the tricycles in there?  I don't see it.  Did they junk it too -- because it would slow down the March??  Love the projections on the floor!!

1 minute ago, Conor15 said:

It will probably be on the actual show itself.

After all, that was a dress rehearsal.

No.  If it's a dress rehearsal and they have those people and they're using the tricycles, then you do it.  That's the only way you know if it will work or not -- or whether to keep it or to junk it.  I think it was probably junked because it did NOT add anything to the Entrance of the Teams and would just slow the whole thing down.  I mean, the similar "Footsteps in Time" segment in Beijing, was really quite corny.  It didn't add anything for me.  

36 minutes ago, Conor15 said:

Okay, but you didn't really have to go that far.

So now, you even want to limit what I have to say, Conor?   :blink:  This is a free and open forum, Conor.  I sort of know what I post about -- except Rio 2016 is sort of moving away from the traditional way they put on the shows.  .  

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Where's the 5 rings composed of the plants from the tricycles in there?  I don't see it.  Did they junk it too -- because it would slow down the March??  Love the projections on the floor!!

According to the video I watched, the Olympic rings section will take place after that carnival and before the speeches.