Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

4 hours ago, thorbr said:

No one cares if you go there instead of watching our cerimony Friday! :)

...cranberry-fest is in October. It's interesting how you take everything so personally, you even say "our ceremony", like the Rio Olympics are not a part of something bigger or more important....you probably are right....and that's precisely the problem with Brazil and the Olympics.

Please don't correspond with me again.

6 hours ago, illustrado said:

Dubstep in the opening ceremony??? This is already a failed ceremony in my book!

But so far it looks more like a Pan American OC than an Olympic one.

BTW, does anyone know of a site that will air it live online without any commercial interruptions? We can expect the US version to have some so I want to watch it online in between those breaks so that I don't miss anything.

1 hour ago, paul said:

...cranberry-fest is in October. It's interesting how you take everything so personally, you even say "our ceremony", like the Rio Olympics are not a part of something bigger or more important....you probably are right....and that's precisely the problem with Brazil and the Olympics.

Please don't correspond with me again.

Please go live your life. The problem here is you judging a nation (and even worse, people here) based on your personnal traumas, as you said before. Go live your life. 

5 hours ago, LatinXTC said:

Dubstep in the opening ceremony??? This is already a failed ceremony in my book!

But so far it looks more like a Pan American OC than an Olympic one.

BTW, does anyone know of a site that will air it live online without any commercial interruptions? We can expect the US version to have some so I want to watch it online in between those breaks so that I don't miss anything.

try the olympics channel on youtube. 

11 minutes ago, neneu10 said:

Tonight's Dress Rehearsal is closed for the public :(  

Really?  The final dress rehearsal is the night they want to have the most crowds so it mimics actual OC and thus, serves as a back-up tape for the actual OC.  Strange; but CC-Rio 2016 seems to be doing it backwards.  So it already taped the July 31st Dress as the back-up??

6 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Really?  The final dress rehearsal is the night they want to have the most crowds so it mimics actual OC and thus, serves as a back-up tape for the actual OC.  Strange; but CC-Rio 2016 seems to be doing it backwards.  So it already taped the July 31st Dress as the back-up??

Yes

2 minutes ago, olympiaki-agones said:

I hope this OC didn't revolve around another kid dreaming or getting conscious. From Sydney to Sochi, definitely, I got fed up of that 2000's paraphernalia. On the other hand, I'm also excited to go back to the basics and let the people make how much special they can turn the ceremony themselves, including us as viewers.

There's Kids only for the "peace" segment and the ones who'll sing the Olympic Hymn