Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

On July 30, 2016 at 11:24 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

But the main business of the IOC is to conduct and promote international sport -- NOT how people get or gain access to the sports coverage.  How a millennial or a senior watches or pays attention to the sports coverage is really secondary.  I mean are they going to require smaller athletes so they would look proportional on your iPhone screen??  :blink:

Barron? How does one promote international sport? How does one get the word out about the sport in the first place? How does one tell an audience hey we are having a sports contest on this day come buy a ticket.? How does one pay to organize said contest in order for you to promote sport? TV! and who are you trying to promote it too? Well the I believe it's "the YOUTH OF THE WORLD" and the youth of the world live in a technological environment so the OC which garners more viewers than most of the sporting events has to be appealing to the youth that's why I said the target audience are no longer guys like us looking for cultural presentations that don't look like video games.

I have always felt the RIO Opening Ceremony might actually be one of the best we've ever seen just based off of Brazil's main resource, the fun loving energy of the people. I've been to RIO many times and they just know how to have fun. However where I am concerned is the general hosting of the games. Seeing the images of the spoilers though from the Rehearsals God it makes me wish I was there.

34 minutes ago, Conor15 said:

I know that. I was just saying they would probably sing the anthem in Portuguese in the closing ceremony.

I guess they haven't translated the lyrics into Portuguese yet. Which may have been the reason why they'll be singing in English

Oh, I'm sorry then. My bad. Either in portuguese or they might sing it in greek.

Also I have a feeling they might use kids from Liberdade, Sao Paulo, to sing the Japanese anthem in the closing, as to keep with the theme of both kids singing and the large diasporas in the country. 

14 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Of course by holding things like the Olympic Games, World Cups, World championships and the like.  I mean, they don't have to do it, ya know.  They could all just stay home and twiddle their thumbs.  

You are very right Barron, they could just stay home but there is one small reason why they don't. Why there is an Olympic games, World Cup and World Championships. the small little thing called  MONEY! That's why there is a multibillion dollar event that happens every four years that's why the IOC needs to stay relevant with the young people cause if the youth don't buy into it then they don't make MONEY  then they might as well stay at home and do nothing.

in order to do this the IOC needs to hold the attention of the youth during their main event the Opening Ceremony. Unlike Fifa the IOC doesn't have a culmination point like the finals of the Tournament. We started this discussion because someone lamented how they're sad to see the OC going in a lights and technology direction and all I am saying is in order to make money they have to reach the coveted 18 to 35 demographic in addition to the under 18, why cause they are your largest tv viewer group and the larges purchasing power group. So yes the IOC cares about marketing tv, demographics etc

Well. Apparently they decided to cut the Garota de Ipanema part because it looked like a thief act and many in social media seemed offended about it.

Also, it also looks like the Symbol of Peace was dropped because the ceremony directors didn't liked how it came out at the rehearsal.

dca783308881cdf3074a356a4a383f1c.jpg

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Well. Apparently they decided to cut the Garota de Ipanema part because it looked like a thief act and many in social media seemed offended about it.

Also, it also looks like the Symbol of Peace was dropped because the ceremony directors didn't liked how it came out at the rehearsal.

I told them to bring in the Carmen Miranda number.  That would have 2 billion hits!!

3 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Athens was terrible; that's why no one will repeat it.  

Athens was dark and tedious, but the floor had a different use. 

And even, this OC will have some similitude with the 1st year old of Sochi 2014.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

it seems that the OC people has no balls to stick with thier vision.

i think the ipamena scene would have been ok and even a point of conversation (much like the nhs for good or bad)

also, i call BS on scapping the peace sign. it was part of the funk section. and thier will be another inflatable (like an olympic rings) that would  actually replace it 

2 hours ago, illustrado said:

it seems that the OC people has no balls to stick with thier vision.

i think the ipamena scene would have been ok and even a point of conversation (much like the nhs for good or bad)

also, i call BS on scapping the peace sign. it was part of the funk section. and thier will be another inflatable (like an olympic rings) that would  actually replace it 

Funny, how you aren't onsite or have seen it live, and you're making all these judgment calls. So you know better than the CC people (or did they even ask you)?  :rolleyes:

....just caught one of the longer clips on Instagram, ummmmmmm yea, the music was really bad, lots of bad color graphic projected on the floor sort of Austin Powers vibe. I'm sure it was the worst part and everything else was elegant and stunning.