Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

Uh, those are certainly very different and quaint placards. Very colorful indeed but those have to be the weirdest ones i've seen in Olympics since Albertville

Also I have a feeling those olympic rings made out of grass we saw on some pics days ago are related to those plant-carrying tricycles. My guess is they will start to slowly take them out as the countries arrive and progressively form the olympic rings (maybe as a symbol of all 5 continents being gathered slowly in Rio and the rings only being completed when all nations have arrived).

• Like 1

A brief look at the previous placard bearers

Albertville 1992

1295174.jpg

Barcelona 1992

20100722_042339535_australian_team_openi

Atlanta 1996

1996-atlanta-redgra_787772i.jpg

Sydney 2000

American_contingent_in_2000_Summer_Olymp

Athens 2004

xin_4808011409310392665628.jpg

Torino 2006

56820440-hockey-player-danielle-goyette-

Beijing 2008

82215504-athlete-aminath-rouya-hussain-m

Vancouver 2010

_1024.azer.mh.071012.jpg

London 2012

parade-nations-london-olympics-2012.jpg

Sochi 2014

china-opening-ceremony.jpg

Also, these were the ones used for the 2007 Pan Am Games

rio-de-janeiro-brazil-the-delegation-of-

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Uh, those are certainly very different and quaint placards. Very colorful indeed but those have to be the weirdest ones i've seen in Olympics since Albertville

Also I have a feeling those olympic rings made out of grass we saw on some pics days ago are related to those plant-carrying tricycles. My guess is they will start to slowly take them out as the countries arrive and progressively form the olympic rings (maybe as a symbol of all 5 continents being gathered slowly in Rio and the rings only being completed when all nations have arrived).

You're right.  THat's why they have all that junk in the back -- to deposit them in the center of the avenue to make the 5 rings.  Kinda corny idea -- but which was Autopia's original idea for London to have the kids deposit the petals / stalks in the middle of the stadium to make a "forest."   Hmmmm, Autopia, are you listening??  :blink: 

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/07/23/thomas-heatherwick-atopia-locog-2012-olympic-cauldron-design-dispute-settled-out-of-court/ 

Edited by baron-pierreIV

55 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

You're right.  THat's why they have all that junk in the back -- to deposit them in the center of the avenue to make the 5 rings.  Kinda corny idea -- but which was Autopia's original idea for London to have the kids deposit the petals / stalks in the middle of the stadium to make a "forest."   Hmmmm, Autopia, are you listening??  :blink: 

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/07/23/thomas-heatherwick-atopia-locog-2012-olympic-cauldron-design-dispute-settled-out-of-court/ 

With any luck, the London settlement with Atopia will have included a "Now you've got your acknowledgment, if you try to take this any further for future Olympics, we will help the IOC to countersue over your use of Olympic connections in your own publicity without permission" clause.

1 minute ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

With any luck, the London settlement with Atopia will have included a "Now you've got your acknowledgment, if you try to take this any further for future Olympics, we will help the IOC to countersue over your use of Olympic connections in your own publicity without permission" clause.

Except London 2012 no longer exists (as do all past Org Committees, except perhaps LA's SCOOG) to enforce such a clause.  ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Except London 2012 no longer exists (as do all past Org Committees, except perhaps LA's SCOOG) to enforce such a clause.  ;)

Except London 2012 already no longer existed when Atopia took legal action- that's why Heatherwick etc. were never called to give formal testimony.

14 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Except London 2012 already no longer existed when Atopia took legal action- that's why Heatherwick etc. were never called to give formal testimony.

No; the remnants were still there to authorize the out-of-court settlement--before the books were closed-- as you yourself pointed out to me previously 

(C'mon, I'm just teasing.)   

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

No; the remnants were still there to authorize the out-of-court settlement--before the books were closed-- as you yourself pointed out to me previously 

(C'mon, I'm just teasing.)   

Olympics come and Olympics go, but accountants and lawyers are forever.

5 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Great photos again Neneo10.  

The crowds appear to be linked to the Favelas, both similar multi-coloured.. Reminds me of the gathering crowd scene in the Athens 2004 OC.

Also is that the Flag Podium suspended in mid air over to the left ?

i'm not Neneo10

granted i just get the pics from skyscrapercity but i'm not  Neneo10

its ok here have some more

3RhuAse.jpg

and a bit the film that may or aynot be back stage

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1142363522493552

Juntar um monte de ritmistas sem nada para fazer, esperando um ensaio dá nisso. O que uma Olimpíada pode proporcionar... Todas as Escolas juntas em um samba só.

Posted by Fim de Jogo on Friday, July 29, 2016

The entire show will be limited to the ' white space ' ? The black edges are going to be used ?

-

So far the ceremony worries me , apaentemente be too simple compared to the previous , full of mass choreographies with few technological devices . Apart from projections. The idea of shortening the parade of athletes making them march straight is good . But if they economize for example, 40 minutes with it ... what they will do with those 40 minutes will be left? Given the lack of resources , a 2-hour show could help bring to devote the remaining time show to be something done .

2 minutes ago, OlymNay said:

Omg guys, u need to sotp! It's boring how you're jugding the hole cerimony just by pictures. LETS RIO SHINE without yours negative comments. I'm loving everything, it's so colorful, so alive. They are working so hard to give their best. Lets wait until august 5 to jugde

This 

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

9 minutes ago, kevzz said:

Maybe this is the first time we should really lower our expectation because this is the first time a developing country is hosting the games. We shouldn't expect the same quality and scale with other ceremonies of a more developed host country. 

China's HDI is lower than the brazilian, lol