Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

2 hours ago, Mauricio said:

And finally, from 0:34 to 0:56, the access for players to the field, before the reform. This is the only existing tunnel in Maracanã.

OK, Mauricio, I guess I  hoped they would build tunnels under the field to make it easier to move people and props like Sochi and Beijing did.  I mistook all that equipment to them lowering the field.  

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire,

or in this case,

where there are tracks, there's a cauldron

Almost certain now the cauldron will travel out with the track and the final torchbearer will lit the cauldron overhead from the platform box.

• Like 1

I can honestly say we have more pictures from this opening ceremony rehearsals than I'v seen from any other yet I have no idea what the ceremony is about

London we knew almost ever segment and what is was trying to portray by the time the curtain rose on the OC this time around I have no clue what to expect even though we are seeing so much. I'm getting excited for the show now. and even more so for the lighting of this cauldron than any other. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alphamale86 said:

I can honestly say we have more pictures from this opening ceremony rehearsals than I'v seen from any other yet I have no idea what the ceremony is about

London we knew almost ever segment and what is was trying to portray by the time the curtain rose on the OC this time around I have no clue what to expect even though we are seeing so much. I'm getting excited for the show now. and even more so for the lighting of this cauldron than any other. 

And weirdly, there's no props to be seen anywhere yet. Is this going to be just a human formation ceremony?

17 minutes ago, illustrado said:

you want props where you go.

372855030e0cbe4326b85fe8a8b15e9660f8a2ff

it looks like placebearers. this is equally diapointing and interesting

Interesting, I actually really like these! A move away from the usual placebearers. I think it's safe to say this will be a very colourful ceremony

1 hour ago, illustrado said:

you want props where you go.

372855030e0cbe4326b85fe8a8b15e9660f8a2ff

it looks like placebearers. this is equally diapointing and interesting

Kinda overdoing it.  And they're going to have over 200 of those in the tight spaces of Maracana?  I mean it's cute for the first dozen nations, but afterwards, so what?   I hope no islamic nation pipes up and complains that it would be un-islamic to march behind a flower-bearing tricycle!!

Can't wait for the Opening Ceremony where they will use fire trucks or bulldozers to lead in the Nations!  LOL!!   

Edited by baron-pierreIV

7 minutes ago, adrianme17 said:

christ alive the placard bearers look like a prop for "it's a knock out" in the 1980's - awful! 

Well, 204 homes in Rio will have to make room in their garages for those contraptions afterwards.  I wonder if the inverted traffic cones will attach to the cauldron; and as the cauldron spins, spew flowers and plants all over the place??  :blink:

• Like 1