Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

Massive spoilers usually always appear after the first dress rehearsal. London also tried to keep lots of surprises but many spoilers were around the social media 5-7 days prior to the Opening. Its nearly impossible to cover everything.

VaKJXcb.jpg

2 hours ago, brasilolimpico said:

The Rio -2016 removed the Maracana grass in May. And they put this strange floor , but it's such a simple floor ... to install it so early in the stage , sometimes did not want to remove the grass, could assemble for rehearsals . Will they put on top of it structures ? Or is it just what we see in the picture? Moreover, it is curious geometric shape, want to know what meaning will give .

Maybe it's the Peninsula of Wonder  :)

7 hours ago, illustrado said:

they dress like space monsters.

Really?  Low blow;  except of course the outfits were designed by Cirque du Soleil and represented the 5 "allegorical / mythical" tribes of mankind.  This Evelyn person was NOT a headliner in the London OC.  She was one of the myriad talents cast -- and she still didn't make an impression on me.  

What I'm saying is that the producers will try to feature artists who are not so outre and would cause the LEAST negative reactions.   That's not a very unnatural way to cast your show.  

5 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Massive spoilers usually always appear after the first dress rehearsal. London also tried to keep lots of surprises but many spoilers were around the social media 5-7 days prior to the Opening. Its nearly impossible to cover everything.

The Ceremony was held on Friday... that prior Wednesday almost the entire ceremony was available on YouTube: Pandemonium and music segmente were complete...

2 minutes ago, brasilolimpico said:

Yes. But you see ... in London 2012 was a great Rural England ... we knew there would be a segment of it comes the stage. Now that the stage of Rio de Janeiro say? Only that people will be on top of him . It's just a white spot .

It's not dififcult to know that there will be a lot pf ptojections on the floor... as Vancouver, Sochi and other regional Games...

I think its a good idea in order to please all sides who prefer an specific style of music.

Also those podiums look very good.

IzEUe0fQ.jpg

These were the previous two podiums for those who don't remember

London 2012

_62162788_jex_1488382_de48-1.jpg

Beijing 2008

P200808242154261774211198.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rob. said:

Who cares if performers are world famous or not? As long as they work for the show, in the moment, that's what matters most.

These ceremonies are about cities showing the world the face THEY want to show it. If it's someone you don't know, maybe look them up. I remember having this exact conversation with you about the brilliant Dame Evelyn Glennie in the 2012 Opening Ceremony thread. :P

Maybe I'm odd, but I'd rather have someone more obscure but interesting. Especially if the alternative if wheeling out Susan Boyle. #susanalbumparty

Besides that, there will be a lot of brazilians singers. And most of them, are unknow outside. 

Caetano Veloso, Anitta, Gilberto Gil, Jorge Ben Jor, Ivete Sangalo, Wesley Safadão, Ludmilla. Maybe one or two of them are known outside.

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I think its a good idea in order to please all sides who prefer an specific style of music.

Also those podiums look very good.

IzEUe0fQ.jpg

These were the previous two podiums for those who don't remember

London 2012

_62162788_jex_1488382_de48-1.jpg

Beijing 2008

P200808242154261774211198.jpg

vanoc10-comp.jpg

Still the best of recent years...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BTHarner said:

Yes, that could be a really nice innovation.

IzEUe0fQ.jpg

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/02/82402201.jpg

Is there some specific advantage to that splay of the podium's outer edges, or is it just that both Sochi and Rio coincidentally chose a similar break with recent styles?

58 minutes ago, neneu10 said:

9pPOkJ6.jpg?1

Woah, you got tickets to a dress rehearsal. Cool!

So are you actually allowed to record or take pictures of what's happening in the stadium?

I bet the cauldron won't be shown though since it's pretty much the big secret that Rio's been hiding for quite a while now.