Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

I can see faces from the box mountain now. Segment dedicated to volunteers/famous Brazilian people/multiracial society?

Nope. Famous drug cheats - Marion Jones, Ben Johnson, Armstrong, many Russian faces, etc. LOL!!

ooLVZkV.jpg

If I am not mistaken, those are the Field Marshals who will shepherd the Nations as they march in, and guide them to their spots on the floor. It says "ARV" so for the Arriving Nations. Looks they are forming the central "avenue" thru which the Nations will march (and where the flag-bearers may ultimately line up). I think the slabs are there just for the rehearsal and to mark some spots. Some readjusting to do in the absence of a certain large country.

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1

If I am not mistaken, those are the Field Marshals who will shepherd the Nations as they march in, and guide them to their spots on the floor.  It says "ARV"  so for the Arriving Nations.  Looks they are forming the central "avenue" thru which the Nations will march (and where the flag-bearers may ultimately line up).  I think the slabs are there just for the rehearsal and to mark some spots.  Some readjusting to do in the absence of a certain large country.  

Actually it means "Árvore", or Tree in english

My fear to see these pictures .. It is the lack of a big structure. I hope it's not a simple ceremony is an opening of Olympics and not of the FIFA World Cup .

Oh my goodness... Olympics and World Cup are two different things. The FIFA opening ceremony wasn't even created by Brazilians. The Olympics in Rio have got super talented people on board, read their qualifications in the SRCOM/Cerimonias Cariocas website. The opening will be great in its own way. It does not have to have any large structure like previous Olympics because this is a different one, with a different perspective, and in whatever way they choose to present their show, it will be full of professionalism from years of work and financial investment. 

• Like 1

Oh my goodness... Olympics and World Cup are two different things. The FIFA opening ceremony wasn't even created by Brazilians. The Olympics in Rio have got super talented people on board, read their qualifications in the SRCOM/Cerimonias Cariocas website. The opening will be great in its own way. It does not have to have any large structure like previous Olympics because this is a different one, with a different perspective, and in whatever way they choose to present their show, it will be full of professionalism from years of work and financial investment. 

It is 3 hours and a half show , where two hours are convicted of a busy parade of athletes and speeches.
1:30 a.m. left over that I hope to be grandiose .

mass demonstrations did not impress me , as well as projections.

I hope it's great , of course , this is complicated when there were few resources for the ceremony.

I will spend 4 hours in front of the TV, I hope to see a great show.

mass demonstrations did not impress me , as well as projections. 

Sorry to disappoint you, brasilolimpico, but there will be mass choreography numbers.  That's why the Olympics are held in huge cities of at least 2.5 million for the Summers, because it draws on the large population.  It's not like they are using a town of 2,000.  They are purposely held in large cities so there is a huge pool of talent AND the numbers to draw upon for these huge massive numbers.  Ceremonies with 6 people on the floor, do not work.  Even in Sochi, the drug-induced Russians had to import hundreds of performers from Moscow and Krasnodar to realize those magnificent numbers.  That's why these are the Olympics.  Nothing else in scale compares to them -- and you use a cast of thousands.  That's just Olympic s.o.p.