Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

I think the ' black border ' will receive a floor in Copacabana style.

But they must wait for the parades before applying the floor to avoid speculation. Since so far the Maracana reveals little little .

For me or the show will be straight through the center of the stadium or will be on a Copapacana floor.

That Steve Boyd is the new Doug Jack, who was a choreographer for like 6 Olympic OC. Boyd has now worked some 12 Olympic / Paralympic ceremonies.

Rio 2007 was Doug's last big OC assignment and where he had a nightmarish experience in Rio -- where he got death threats because he caused the team which calls Maracana home to play away from MC because they needed the stadium for the Ceremonies.

Boyd helped out in the ceremonies in Baku last year. He's actually one IOC consultant who observes the "non-disclosure" nature of his various ceremonial jobs.

Apparently you're right

#RoadToRio #Ceremonies #Olympics: preparing the Athletes Parade. Guido Foa, Steve Boyd, Donna McMahon, leading.

HYyZ233.png?1

It looks as if the IOC has accepted Sochi's experiment of entering up the middle of the stadium, as Maracanã, like Fisht, is a football stadium, much smaller than a track & field stadium, reducing the problem of spectators not getting adequate views of their favourite teams. If it speeds the parade significantly, while also giving more flexibility in use of the track & field stadium (in this case, using Engenhão for football before the athletics begins) we may see an increasing tendency to set aside a football-type stadium purely for ceremonies.

A parade of nations a la Carnival parade? That's totally a yes! It will make it much more interesting and brazilian for sure. Also I wonder what are the surprises they want to add to the parade besides it.

Doha 2006 parade of nations was a bit similar to this idea as well. Also, beside the athletes marching in, we got a group of musical performers representing different asian countries/regions musical style between some of the delegations. I hope something similar is what they mean with the "surprises"

eGRaT8d.pngfxVtQkB.png

x2DIuSI.png0PWWYul.png

/\/\ Oh wow, PROJECTIONS!! I love projections!! I think they are very high tech and knock-outs. So far, so good. So we will definitely see a big Carmen Miranda number doing a big Tutti-Frutti number in a Copacabana setting!! :lol:

So producers aren't listening to Gamesbids posters who do not like projections and other traditional stuff, and want to see their ceremonies done a certain way.

Unfortunately, they are the people in charge of dreaming up the show, so disagreeing with their ideas, doesn't help. <_< . . .

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Where did those come out? They look like photoshop editings over previous stage pics and not photos.

Also I hope they don't abuse of projections. I mean we got a LED box mountain over there which they can use for more innovating stuff instead of doing a Vancouver/Sochi 2.0

Apparently Katy Perry will perform in the OC

Any sources for this? Because I think that using a mainstream music star to perform in a Olympic ceremonies is unnecessary and useless..

Any sources for this? Because I think that using a mainstream music star to perform in a Olympic ceremonies is unnecessary and useless..

Bjork performed at the Athens opening and even with the dress malfunction put on a delightfully wacko show. I doubt Katy would sing her new single though - 'Rise' - as it is the NBC theme. Maybe 'Roar'? 'Fireworks'?