Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

Gisele Bundchen, Elza Soares (who sang the anthem in 2007) and Fernanda Montenegro in the OC

gisele-bundchen0.jpg

img-567523-fernanda-montenegro-vence-o-e

http://extra.globo.com/famosos/olimpiada-do-rio-gisele-bundchen-desfila-elza-soares-fara-aparicao-surpreendente-19690510.html

:wub: Fernanda is one my favourite brazilian actress and a Lady!!!!! And Elza is a hurricane!!!! Lovely choice! Wondering about what Fernanda will do, maybe to read some text or poem... Well done Rio!! Oh and Gisele could dance a samba for 1 minute. :lol:

• Like 1

Wondering what the Parade of Nations music is going to be after what we heard in Torino, Beijing, and London. Will the organizers opt to utilize MPB artists' work, some Brazil-themed classics (like Girl From Ipanema and I Go To Rio), samba instrumentals, some rap, bossa nova, and a few Brazilian music acts some will know outside of Brazil like Cansei Sur Sexy (definitely not Sepeltura and Bonde Do Rolle)?

Now that we know that Giselle Bundchen will be there, cur NBC showing the obligatory shots of her husband (rhymes with Shady-don't want to get into that) in the Maracana Stadium stands. Maybe even an interview...

Wondering what the Parade of Nations music is going to be after what we heard in Torino, Beijing, and London. Will the organizers opt to utilize MPB artists' work, some Brazil-themed classics (like Girl From Ipanema and I Go To Rio), samba instrumentals, some rap, bossa nova, and a few Brazilian music acts some will know outside of Brazil like Cansei Sur Sexy (definitely not Sepeltura and Bonde Do Rolle)?

Now that we know that Giselle Bundchen will be there, cur NBC showing the obligatory shots of her husband (rhymes with Shady-don't want to get into that) in the Maracana Stadium stands. Maybe even an interview...

I think some songs are quite predictable: Samba do Avião, Garota de Ipanema, Cidade Maravilhosa (the last one is likely to be used at the end of the OC, I guess). But it is also quite predictable we are going to have some dirty funk as well.

1) i had a look at the early pictures when they just started building the stage =

everything seems put straight onto the ground of maracana - so no tunnels,

no things rising from the ground -

Screen_Shot_2016_07_13_at_15_35_00.pngimage hosting gif

2) but i think if things are rising up, they must come from the box-city =

look at this little hole right in the middle line of the 'supposed cauldron sculpture'

which i think will defo move forwards to end up above the boxes -

hint the lightning? like in seoul or nagano with the torch bearer rising towards the cauldron?

or perhaps to finish of the floating sculpture?

T1rf_Tk1.jpghost images

Or maybe she will carry the Brazilian flag like Carla Bruni did in 2006 with the Italian one? (remember both shows are produced by K-Events)

Torino-2006-Carla-Bruni-1280x800.jpg

She perhaps could emulate Bruni here. But there's several other Brazilian supermodels that are as well known who could handle this (Adriana Lima, Ana Hickman, Alessandra Ambrosio, Izabel Goulart, Isabela Fontana, Ana Beatriz Barros, Cintia Decker, Lais Riberio). Giselle seems to be the best known. No longer does runway work and is wealthier than the others.

Gisele is the highest paid model in the world since 2002. In the last Forbes list, she gossed over U$ 44 million in 2015 - five times more than her husband. Hahaha. In the US, Gisele may be called Brady's wife. But it should be the other way around. :P

There are some news that Elza Soares will make a appearance on the segment with slums.

Also , she'll arise "from an unexpected place of the stadium".

Intriguing.

• Like 1

Gisele is the highest paid model in the world since 2002. In the last Forbes list, she gossed over U$ 44 million in 2015 - five times more than her husband. Hahaha. In the US, Gisele may be called Brady's wife. But it should be the other way around. :P

There are some news that Elza Soares will make a appearance on the segment with slums.

Also , she'll arise "from an unexpected place of the stadium".

Intriguing.

Yeah, that's true with the money and her as the breadwinner. Furthermore, they mutually share an Under Armour endorsement.

Fernanda Montenegro deserves more attention than she does here Statesside. She's an acting treasure, Makes me wish Fernanda and Meryl Streep should do a movie together.

• Like 1

Now Accord OGlobo, Paulinho da Viola will perform the national anthem in a guitar and not Caetano Veloso as a said last month.

viola.jpg

http://blogs.oglobo.globo.com/ancelmo/post/paulinho-da-viola-tocara-o-hino-nacional-na-abertura-da-rio-2016.html

I think that will be EPIC him in the guitar and crowd singing in Maracanã.

some versions of the anthem in a guitar

Now Accord OGlobo, Paulinho da Viola will perform the national anthem in a guitar and not Caetano Veloso as a said last month.

some versions of the anthem in a guitar

This sounds SO beautiful. It would be awesome to listen to this version of the brazilian anthem at the OC.

An Olympic Games Opening Ceremony wouldn't be one without some youth involved in it. 45 kids from 10 Latin American nations, including of course Brazil and ranging from ages 8-13, were apparently chosen to participate in the OC from over 100 who tried out as McDonald's Olympic Amigos. They will also take part in pro athletes' clinics and visits to the Olympic Village:

http://www.repretel.com/deportes/45-ninos-latinoamericanos-participaran-en-acto-inaugural-de-los-juegos-olimpicos-rio-2016--31436

So how do we think the Parade of Nations is going to happen? With no natural track and the little white stages sitting so close to the stands I think they enter from the tunnel opposite of the box stage and go straight to the box stage instead of around and then to their respected side. This will give the illusion of the carnival once delegations start to fill in.
brazil-carnival.jpg

I think this would also help with cutting the time of the segment because they would be going in a straight line instead of around.

Santos Dummont's 14 bis is to fly over RJ during the OC, showing Rio's posts cards. During the flight, we are going to listen to Tom Jobim's "Samba do Avião" .http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/abertura-dos-jogos-tera-santos-dumont-voo-do-14-bis-pelo-rio-19720568

Samba do Avião:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-k0SstIJQ

• Like 1

So how do we think the Parade of Nations is going to happen? With no natural track and the little white stages sitting so close to the stands I think they enter from the tunnel opposite of the box stage and go straight to the box stage instead of around and then to their respected side. This will give the illusion of the carnival once delegations start to fill in.

brazil-carnival.jpg

I think this would also help with cutting the time of the segment because they would be going in a straight line instead of around.

Apparently you're right

#RoadToRio #Ceremonies #Olympics: preparing the Athletes Parade. Guido Foa, Steve Boyd, Donna McMahon, leading.

AtToonh.jpg?1

HYyZ233.png?1

• Like 2

cSzvBLo.jpg

This photo reminds me of the stage and set up for the Torino 2006 OC. Maybe they'll march around the edges of the stage before getting on stage for the rest of the ceremony.