Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

Wow. So Baku 2015 is now the all-time champ in terms of Ceremonial spending, superseding Doha 2006's record (combined $185 mil) which it therefore held only for nine years. If L. Gaga got paid $2 mil for that one song :blink:, then Papaioannu made out like a bandit again. I'd guess he made at least $5 million for his work on the OC alone.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

so here's my guess:

Lh_GG25o.jpg

But that would kill a lot of AA seats which i thought they were going to devote now to the Athletes? I guess not. I don't know ....recreating the hills and peaks of the RIo area isn't all that exciting or dynamic. What will it do??

BTW, who's sending in these drones to photo the stadium? (Also, green looks awful on color TV transmission.)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

But that would kill a lot of AA seats which i thought they were going to devote now to the Athletes? I guess not. I don't know ....recreating the hills and peaks of the RIo area isn't all that exciting or dynamic. What will it do??

BTW, who's sending in these drones to photo the stadium? (Also, green looks awful on color TV transmission.)

It's TV Globo's RJ Helicopter.

Screen_Shot_2016_05_24_at_17_40_35.png

I don't think green looks that awful here on these video-stills -
I even think the green seems to be in a much better shape then Mister Rogge...

I guess it depends on the shade of green. Green though, is a passive color; not a dynamic one.

Yeah, but is Rio going to copy that same hill again that was done only 4 years ago?

At the Gymnastics test event last month, the green color they had for the main mat was quite awful.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

haha - i am just teasing you on the green ;)

i work in graphics and green is such a tough one, even for print!

but on the copying - remember the blue cover up in Barcelona vs. Atlanta...

Screen_Shot_2016_05_24_at_18_04_21.png

Exactly. Don't I know that? I was on that field -- in that Atlanta picture (upper far right corner). (Actually, what am I saying, I was also at the Barcelona photo -- in the audience. Also, upper right, somewhat past the corner. )

But what I'm saying -- it's just too soon to do it again. Or maybe they don't care for originality any more? (Yeah, I know, green is the dominant color in Brazil's flag, but that shouldn't be the main reason to use it.)

I wonder if they will have giant Zika mosquitoes in the Closing? LOL!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

so here's my guess:

Lh_GG25o.jpg

its note going to be mountains and hills from an engeneering point of view, the structure is too ramdom to support the mountian facade. it should be on massive scafolding then add the complex prefabricated facade.

the're also using scafold that would not work as a single unit. more individual structures.

my favella thing still stands.

Why would they celebrate "favellas"? :wacko: That's an even worse idea than Carmen Miranda!

I think there will be a giant IKEA number!! :lol::lol:

in the danny boyle school of olympic opening [pause for baron's moaning] it is always good that an opening ceremony show the 'true' soul of the country. warts and all. favellas are the truth in rio (and most) of brazil why hide it.

now my theory is it does not celebrate favellas more showing it as an prelouge to the show. first, the harsh reality of favellas than a trasition to the fauna and wildlife of rio.

• Like 1

in the danny boyle school of olympic opening [pause for baron's moaning] it is always good that an opening ceremony show the 'true' soul of the country. warts and all. favellas are the truth in rio (and most) of brazil why hide it.

now my theory is it does not celebrate favellas more showing it as an prelouge to the show. first, the harsh reality of favellas than a trasition to the fauna and wildlife of rio.

It's not a bad ideia at all. The favelas had started on the begining of the Republic, part of that during the big reform of Rio in the early 1900'. The favelas are part of Rio's history. Also we have the culture of the favelas, it's not all about poorness. The RAP and Carioca Funk comes from favelas. Also the urban culture. Why would it be a bad ideia?

But I don't really think they are gonna work with that.

• Like 3