Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies.

Here's what microsoft translate gave me:

The creation of a time to honor all who gave their lives at the Olympics during the closing ceremony of the Rio-2016 was celebrated by the Israeli authorities, after the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Thomas Bach, to communicate the news during his stay in Rio de Janeiro. For the culture and Sport Minister of Israel, Limor Livat, the intent is valid, although occur belatedly.

In the games of Munich in 1972.11 members of the Israel Olympic team were killed after being taken hostage by a Palestinian group. Since then, the Israelis always charged the IOC a tribute regarding the case.

READ MORE:
> Rio-2016 hangs the stadium reformation Celio de Barros

> Rio will use satellite to schedule garbage collection on Guanabara Bay
> RJ Government suspends programs to clean up the Bay

-Although the IOC decision came with 43 years late, better late than never. The long period of time that has passed since the heinous murder, no anesthesia pain. For us, the massacre of athletes in Munich by Palestinian terrorists was forever etched in our collective memories. The Honorable celebration of them as part of the Olympic Games is the minimum of respect that the IOC can give to the families of the victims who are flooded with memories of the tragic massacre at every Olympics-said the Israeli site Livat Ynet.

In addition to announcing the creation of the moment of reflection that will exist in all the Closing Ceremonies, Bach reported that a place for prayers in the Olympic village will be raised. According to the leader, all athletes can express their pain and grief at the place of prayer.

-We will have the opportunity to address this issue (the attack in Munich) but it wasn't the only reason to take those decisions. In the past editions of the games, the athletes were suffering losses in their families or incidents have occurred in their countries of origin and we wanted to offer the athletes the opportunity to express their grief in a dignified and appropriate environment-Bach explained.

About the Act at the closing ceremony, Bach said he should not be held a minute of silence. The leader expressed his willingness to make a solemn act of another nature, but did not specify which.

-This is a good and positive step taken by the members of the International Olympic Committee. The ability to view the issue, not only through the eyes of Israel, but through a broader view, represents a change and a big step forward-said Israeli IOC member Alex Gilady.

Hmm I don't know about this. I mean it makes sense if it was like the 50th, or 100th anniversary of the event, but also this should have happened in Montreal immediately following the Munich games, and not in Rio, where Rio had no direct affiliation with the massacre. Also it would make more sense if Hamburg honored those lives lost in Munich even though it wasn't the same city, but it is the same host nation.

Here's what microsoft translate gave me:

Hmm I don't know about this. I mean it makes sense if it was like the 50th, or 100th anniversary of the event, but also this should have happened in Montreal immediately following the Munich games, and not in Rio, where Rio had no direct affiliation with the massacre. Also it would make more sense if Hamburg honored those lives lost in Munich even though it wasn't the same city, but it is the same host nation.

This tribute is not about the Rio. I think it will be a standardized to all future ceremonies of the olympics, as well as the torch, the parade of athletes, etc.

• Like 1

Seems a test to Opening Cerymony happened in Maracana today. Will we see something like Athens?]

Boooooooo, gaúcho uruca!!!

Even foreigners here knows March is summer's heavy rain season in Rio and often the city get 100mm+ rains in few hours, which is impossible to any drainage system to deal...

Olympics will take place in August, the driest month of year in Rio...

Booooooooo, sai zica!!!

• Like 1

Boooooooo, gaúcho uruca!!!

Even foreigners here knows March is summer's heavy rain season in Rio and often the city get 100mm+ rains in few hours, which is impossible to any drainage system to deal...

Olympics will take place in August, the driest month of year in Rio...

Booooooooo, sai zica!!!

Yes, I know about the weather in Rio in August. Anyway the govermant is building a pool in the Praça Niteroi.

Is nice see some people dont understand the joke. :lol:

Bairros, Im around these boards for 8 years. Jokes like yours can lead to misunderstoods and endless stupid claims about the games in Rio, like all the bullshit we read before the world cup, specially in this anglo-centered forums.

And as a newbie here, dont try to explain me things.

The school you are attending now, Im graduated ;)

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Bairros, Im around these boards for 8 years. Jokes like yours can lead to misunderstoods and endless stupid claims about the games in Rio, like all the bullshit we read before the world cup, specially in this anglo-centered forums.

And as a newbie here, dont try to explain me things.

The school you are attending now, Im graduated ;)

"Is nice see some people dont understand the joke. :lol:" was about the coment of baron-pierreIV. And I will still explain what i would like explain here. Take care graduated guy!

In the Guide of the Tickts

Some of the most vibrant aspects of culture Brazil, like music and our spirit festive, will attend the ceremonies opening and closing of the Games, both held at Maracanã, Temple football and world sport icon. Being prepared a show Magic to open, to ensure a warm and in style for athletes and spectators and set the tone intense emotions to be experienced to over the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Have the closing ceremony will be a unforgettable opportunity for all those directly involved in the Games show in a great celebration, the joy of having participated in the biggest event Sports World

About the time of the Cerimonies:

Both ceremonies will have 5 HOURS of duration. The opening and closing cerimonies of the Olympic and Paralympic games starts at 6 PM and ends at 11 PM. In the time zone of Brasília-Brazil.

More likely that's when they'll start getting people into the stadium for the pre-show. So maybe it'll say 6pm on the tickets but the ceremony proper probably won't start till later.

In the guide of tickts [http://www.rio2016.com/ingressos/guiadeingressos/guia_de_ingressos_pt.pdf] is marked to 6 PM like all other competitions and events. But it can makes sense.

The ceremony won't start until at least 8 if NBC has anything to do with it.

If the ceremonies starts at 6 PM in Brazil:

TOKYO - 6 AM

SAN FRANCISCO - 14 PM

CHICAGO - 16 PM

NEW YORK - 17 PM

LONDON - 10 PM

PARIS - 11 PM

MOSCOW - MIDNIGHT

BEIJING - 5 AM

SYDNEY - 8 AM

If the ceremonies starts at 6 PM in Brazil: CORECTION

TOKYO - 6 AM

SAN FRANCISCO - 2 PM

CHICAGO - 4 PM

NEW YORK - 5 PM

LONDON - 10 PM

PARIS - 11 PM

MOSCOW - MIDNIGHT

BEIJING - 5 AM

SYDNEY - 8 AM

For reference, London's opening ceremony was a touch under 4 hours, and the closing ceremony lasted a little over 3 hours. I don't think you want to go too much over that just due to human attention spans being what they are.

Exactly. PLUS, the networks have to throw in their commercials -- to pay for the TV rights...which eventually pay for the Olympics. So, a 3.5 NBC telecast would probably have 45 mins of prime-time commercials. So that entire telecast for US audiences would come to 4:15, if that.

Either way, I am utterly convinced that even with a downpour, the Rio ceremony will the ONLY one that will most likely EVER seriously rival the stupendous opulence that was Beijing. I mean, this is a catholic expectation.

I do wonder if they are going to tone things down to avoid offending Muslims and feminists with things like samba dancing.

If the Commonwealth Games caught so much criticism over Scottie dogs, I can't see carnival going over well. Particularly given its catholic connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10995961/Commonwealth-Games-Scottie-dogs-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

I do wonder if they are going to tone things down to avoid offending Muslims and feminists with things like samba dancing.

If the Commonwealth Games caught so much criticism over Scottie dogs, I can't see carnival going over well. Particularly given its catholic connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10995961/Commonwealth-Games-Scottie-dogs-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

There is a 5-second delay in all major live events now so they can catch major glitches (remember the snowflake glitch in Sochi?). So it'll be way early in the AM in the Middle East, so they will obviously show a tape-delayed, edited version in the Middle East.

I thought Glasgow got too cutesy with those terriers. While harmless, NOT everyone (moi included) is a dog-lover. It was cute the first few times...but became a tired idea after the 10th or so.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

lmao that's hilarious! And Malaysians and Muslims can f**k off. If they want to say something about it, then do it by investing billions of dollars to host a Commonwealth games, or any other type of multinational event, and let them have the OC the way they see fit, so we can bitch about it on here! :)

Oh and yea Brazilians are probably the worst examples of Catholics in the world. Have people not seen what they wear at the beach? It's not a Carnaval without scantily clad women dressed up like drag queens so they shouldn't even bother doing a Carnaval segment if they're going to water it down. I don't remember Sydney getting any criticism for doing a not-so-great job of covering the tits of some of the aboriginal women, you could clearly see the nipples in the Awakening segment.

• Like 1

lmao that's hilarious! And Malaysians and Muslims can f**k off. If they want to say something about it, then do it by investing billions of dollars to host a Commonwealth games, or any other type of multinational event, and let them have the OC the way they see fit, so we can bitch about it on here! :)

Oh and yea Brazilians are probably the worst examples of Catholics in the world. Have people not seen what they wear at the beach? It's not a Carnaval without scantily clad women dressed up like drag queens so they shouldn't even bother doing a Carnaval segment if they're going to water it down. I don't remember Sydney getting any criticism for doing a not-so-great job of covering the tits of some of the aboriginal women, you could clearly see the nipples in the Awakening segment.

There was full top half nudity in Sydney during Awakenings, not to mention 50 drag queens at the closing!