Quarter-Finals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been entirely unimpressed with Brazil so far, while Colombia has been stellar. I think Colombia will end the host's sufferings party.

France - Germany is a toss-up as far as I'm concerned. Germany has played better opposition but France has performed incredibly well. I'm giving a slight edge to France on this one.

By all logic the Netherlands should walk over Costa Rica. Of course there hasn't been much logic so far (see: Costa Rica) but I'm sticking with the Dutch.

Argentina - Belgium is the other toss-up, IMO. Both teams look to have played bellow their potential so far, despite winning all four games. I'm going to go with Belgium simply because I want them to win :P

I want Colombia vs. Germany and Netherlands vs. Belgium. The Dutch vs. the Belgians would be an awesome struggle of the Lowlands. And well I do have Belgium in this pool thing. Plus it would represent a 75% of a new champion. If not Germany I would love a new not Greece-like champion.

F-ck it.

I am picking with my heart and saying Germany will beat France. Likely in penalties in a tight, close sporadically paced game. As long as I have been following football and Germany they seem to have issues dealing with African teams. And I just hate Benzema. The Martin St. Louis of football (Valbuena) is going to be physically overcome by the stronger, bigger Germans and Neuer is going to be the difference.

LDOG I just don't know what to make of Argentina. I don't think they are as good as they were in 2006 or 2010. Messi is just so substantially better. I want Belgium to win. I have seen more promise from Belgium than Argentina but in a tight game Messi is the more likely to over the brilliance to get the win. No Argentine player as looked good without the aid of Messi. 4 Belgians have looked good from their own play. In all reality will will be sitting here talking about an Argentina-Netherlands semi-final.

why are there so many empty seats in the center lower yellow seats?

asked that in the other thread as well...

...sun in their eyes?

Danny?

I reckon it will be:

Quarter-Finals:

Brazil 1-3 Colombia at the Stadium Castelao, Fortaleza.

France 2-4 Germany at the Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro.

Holland 3-1 Costa Rica at the Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.

Argentina 3-2 Belgium at the National Stadium, Brasilia.

I reckon Germany will Win the 2014 Fifa World Cup, Holland will come Second, France will come Third and Colombia will come Fourth.

I reckon it will be:

Quarter-Finals:

I reckon Germany will Win the 2014 Fifa World Cup, Holland will come Second, France will come Third and Colombia will come Fourth.

Very generous in your scores there Tony. :)

why are there so many empty seats in the center lower yellow seats?

Paul...

interesting...suddenly those seats filled up? Seriously.

Paul...

interesting...suddenly those seats filled up? Seriously.

They slowly fill up after halftime. Have you never watched any sporting competiton before? Seats are always empty after the intermission because folks are still at the concessions.

They slowly fill up after halftime. Have you never watched any sporting competiton before? Seats are always empty after the intermission because folks are still at the concessions.

Good point, Took their time getting back!

I reckon it will be:

Quarter-Finals:

And England is at home!

I reckon it will be:

Quarter-Finals:

No matter the result just now...it was impossible for France and Germany to both finish top 4. Think before posting, Tony.

It's one thing to make a prediction while this is theoretically possible, but another to make one which simply isn't...oh well...

You got it, I think

Archived