FIFA World Cup Round of 16 Day 4

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad about USA. Americans were so excited about World Cup this year. If they advanced, the mood would be growing and growing back in America....

Im very sad today.

you SAID you'd take another goalkeeper over the one who just racked up more saves than anyone else in a single game so NO YOU WERE NOT RIGHT. you were very very wrong, in fact. whether the US lost or not is beside the point.

what isn't beside the point is that i hate belgium and not only am i looking forward to their getting crushed by argentina (although i wish it could have been by germany), i am now actively rooting for the dissolution of that whole country into a hundred little countries nobody cares about. i hate belgians, chocolate, and i will never have another stella artois as long as i live, except if it's 2 am and 'm drunk and it sounds cold and delicious.

Courtois won, Howard lost. Courtois made the saves that allowed his team to win. Howard didn't. Courtois is 22, La Liga champion, Champions League runner-up, World Cup Quarter-finalist and arguably the best young keeper in the world. Courtois is also one of 3 potential golden glove winners. Howard is going home. So yes, saying I'd take Courtois over Howard is right.

Just face it krow, you're just pissed that a country a third the size and twice as divided as Canada beat y'all and handily.

you SAID you'd take another goalkeeper over the one who just racked up more saves than anyone else in a single game so NO YOU WERE NOT RIGHT. you were very very wrong, in fact. whether the US lost or not is beside the point.

what isn't beside the point is that i hate belgium and not only am i looking forward to their getting crushed by argentina (although i wish it could have been by germany), i am now actively rooting for the dissolution of that whole country into a hundred little countries nobody cares about. i hate belgians, chocolate, and i will never have another stella artois as long as i live, except if it's 2 am and 'm drunk and it sounds cold and delicious.

...raw emotion. :(

I too am guttered...Belgium has a dark spot in my mind thanks to their dirty old pedophile king's disgusting behaviour in the Congo a hundred and twenty years ago, and the fact that so much blood was spilt in Belgium during the pointless conflict we call WWI.- although not really their fault.

STILL...Positives are the USA has truly arrived on the Football scene...now to just get them to call it Football!

no, i'm not really pissed about that, although nobody likes to lose (i still have my germs going for me, remember). and i'm not canadian, so i don't get strange inferiority complexes out of nowhere like you do.

anyway, we're not really a soccer country.

i am a little frustrated with your tony e troll argument that courtois is a better goalkeeper than howard because you're comparing teams as a whole instead of individual performances. howard's ratio was much better in the game in question. you understand that, i'm certain, so it's pointless for us to argue about it for three pages, especially considering neither one of us cares all that much and i'm much less interested in pretending i do than you are.

After that performance of the US Team and the passion the people showed in Brasil and the USA,

it would be nice to go back to the USA in 2022 for the World Cup!

Anything is likely at the moment, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if a strong push for 2026 is on the cards...Football getting a foothold in the USA has been a true success story for non American centric sports.

Archived