2014 Fifa World Cup Outstanding Players/Teams.

These are who I think are contenders so far:

Player of the Tournament Contenders:

James Rodriquez (Colombia) - Thomas Muller (Germany) - Lionel Messi (Argentina) - Robin Van Persie (Holland) - Arjen Robben (Holland) - Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland) - Neymar (Brazil).

Goalkeeper of the Tournament Contenders:

Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico) - Claudio Bravo (Chile) - Hugo Lloris (France) - Diego Benaglio (Switzerland).

Fair Play of the Tournament Contenders:

England - Germany - Argentina - Spain - Colombia - Bosnia-Herzegovina. (Definitely not Brazil, Cameroon, Ecuador and Honduras).

Rodriguez (Correction).

Of course MY ENGLAND should be number one in the fair play list (at least in the one...)! Of course Neymar should be the last one in your best players list, of course you forgot Julio Cesar in the goalkeepers list and of course you should mention Brazil in the "definitely not" fair players list.

Of course MY ENGLAND should be number one in the fair play list (at least in the one...)! Of course Neymar should be the last one in your best players list, of course you forgot Julio Cesar in the goalkeepers list and of course you should mention Brazil in the "definitely not" fair players list.

Does it matter what order they are in? Does it mean Fifa dislikes Belgium because Belgium is in Group H? Does it mean LDOG should get offended if Messi was last named. Does it mean CAF should get offended if Muller is listed last?

I named Neymar as contender for Best Player of Tournament. Doesn't mean he don't deserve it, just because I named him last.

Brazil hasn't got the best disciplinary record of the Tournament, same goes for Cameroon, Honduras and Ecuador.

Stop moaning. Brazil can't have everything.

of course you forgot Julio Cesar in the goalkeepers list

I agree. I only watched the digest of the match and just wonder why he forgot Julio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=datM7HgviBM

What a reaction and how great he was B) !!!

Fair Play of the Tournament Contenders:

England - Germany - Argentina - Spain - Colombia - Bosnia-Herzegovina.

What is the standard of Fair Play about those teams? Less cards than other teams?Just want to know your opinions.

I agree. I only watched the digest of the match and just wonder why he forgot Julio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=datM7HgviBM

What a reaction and how great he was B) !!!

What is the standard of Fair Play about those teams? Less cards than other teams?Just want to know your opinions.

Neymar has been excellent. Neymar is definitely a Contender for Player of Tournament. I think James Rodriguez has been the overall best so far. I feel the Mexico, Chile, France and Switzerland keepers have done better then Julio Cesar, although Cesar is an excellent goalkeeper. It's my opinion at the end of the day and Thorbr gets defensive. He can have his opinion, but don't badmouth mine. It's an OPINION! Sorry Palette, I weren't having a go at you.

Fair Play is disciplinary record. The Teams I mentioned haven't had a sending off and have had the least Yellow Cards.

Neymar has been excellent. Neymar is definitely a Contender for Player of Tournament. I think James Rodriguez has been the overall best so far. I feel the Mexico, Chile, France and Switzerland keepers have done better then Julio Cesar, although Cesar is an excellent goalkeeper. It's my opinion at the end of the day and Thorbr gets defensive. He can have his opinion, but don't badmouth mine. It's an OPINION! Sorry Palette, I weren't having a go at you.

Fair Play is disciplinary record. The Teams I mentioned haven't had a sending off and have had the least Yellow Cards.

I wasn't badmouthing you... I was just pointing out the fact that you always try do pick on Brazil, but whatever. I understand you don't have much to do these days, without My England in...

• Red Yellow Total Costa Rica 1 8 9 Greece 1 8 9 Uruguay 1 8 9 Honduras 1 7 8 Mexico 0 8 8 Brazil 0 7 7 Chile 0 7 7 Ivory Coast 0 7 7 Australia 0 6 6 Ecuador 1 5 6 Ghana 0 6 6 South Korea 0 6 6 Algeria 0 5 5 Belgium 1 4 5 Cameroon 1 4 5 Croatia 1 4 5 Netherlands 0 5 5 France 0 4 4 Iran 0 4 4 Italy 1 3 4 Japan 0 4 4 Russia 0 4 4 Bosnia 0 3 3 Colombia 0 3 3 Nigeria 0 3 3 Portugal 1 2 3 Spain 0 3 3 United States 0 3 3 England 0 2 2 Argentina 0 1 1 Germany 0 1 1 Switzerland 0 1 1

Forgive the crappy formatting. I thought that would come through as a table. It shows red/yellow/total cards by country for games through 9/29/2014.

I wasn't badmouthing you... I was just pointing out the fact that you always try do pick on Brazil, but whatever. I understand you don't have much to do these days, without My England in...

Perfect!

He could actually answer my question in the Rio ceremonies threads...

How many English tourists were eaten by anacondas in Manaus?

Oh my. I'm quite sure Danny and Thorbr like any excuse for an argument. I pointed out Neymar is one of the best players of the Tournament. Brazil doesn't have the best disciplinary record at this Tournament though. I can't be bias. I didn't name any England player for player of the Tournament did I. But facts show, we have been one of the Fairest Teams of the Tournament. PS: I have nothing against Brazil, so stop using that excuse. If I was against Brazil, I wouldn't of voted for wanting the 2014 Fifa World Cup and Rio 2016 to succeed. Also, Brazil can't have every award. So, stop with the immature personal remarks. Let me redo my Nominations and this time, so you don't moan for silly things, I will redo the order:

Player of the Tournament Contenders: (In no particular Order):

- James Rodriguez (Colombia).

- Thomas Muller (Germany).

- Robin Van Persie (Holland).

- Arjen Robben (Holland).

- Neymar (Brazil).

- Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland).

- Lionel Messi (Argentina).

- Karim Benzema (France).

Goalkeeper of the Tournament Contenders: (In no particular Order):

- Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico).

- Claudio Bravo (Chile).

- Hugo Lloris (France).

- Diego Benaglio (Switzerland).

Fair Play of the Tournament Contenders: (In no particular Order):

- England.

- Germany.

- Holland.

- Nigeria.

- France.

- Iran.

- Japan.

- Russia.

- Bosnia-Herzegovina.

- Colombia.

- Spain.

- United States Of America.

- Argentina.

- Switzerland.

- Algeria.

Goal of the Tournament Contenders: (In no particular Order):

- Robin Van Persie (Holland). (Spain VS Holland).

- Tim Cahill (Australia). (Australia VS Holland).

- James Rodriguez (Colombia). (Colombia VS Uruguay).

- Karim Benzema (France). (France VS Honduras).

Three. Which is three too many if you ask me. But less than some people expected.

PS - Tony - Could you ditch some of the dull categories (fair play) and do "hottest fans". With pictures.

No, Zekekelso, no tourist suffered from Anacondas in Manaus, since it's impossible to find them in the middle of a big city.

It seems the own Englishmen were the most dangerous thing English supporters found in Brazil...

9b834280-ff89-11e3-86ea-37e85cd47c8a_ore

"Exclusive: More shocking pictures inside"... That's the amazing British press. Sensationalism at its most.

HAHA. That was low Danny. You believe all hooligans are English. Brazil have hooligans. Chile have hooligans. Argentina have hooligans. Every Country does. Brazil is far from perfect.

HAHA. That was low Danny. You believe all hooligans are English. Brazil have hooligans. Chile have hooligans. Argentina have hooligans. Every Country does. Brazil is far from perfect.

No, we don't have national team hooligans. Sorry. No incident with Brazil-national since 1914.

*'1914 the first match Brazil national team played.

Brazil is far from perfect.

In terms of holliganism violence. Yes, English mastered it.

Our national team supporters are made mostly of beautiful woman, lots of children, idiots in costumes and young couples... Just try to find one picture of Brazilian-national team hooligans... You can't.

Of course not. I'm pretty sure if one of them human eating snakes had found me, I'd be dead. No?

That would be great, so, you would stop assuming things that does not happen. No anacondas in Manaus, buddy.

And no "armaggedon" World Cup as British press predicted. ;)

And no hooligans in Brazilian national team supporters mass, since our "hooligans" are focused in club football and are so blind about them that does not care about the national team... (we don't even have a word for this in Portuguese like "hooligans" in English or "barra-bravas" in Spanish to start with...)

Yes, you can clear see the city center in the background, right?

Manaus municipality limits are huge...

...for obvious reasons...

Look, an anaconda in London...

You can name videos the way you want right?

Or the people were drunk and fought some water hose...

What about the one who got attacked by one of those giant Tarantulas...

...to the rest of us sober ones, it was a car distributor cap and leads thrown at him! :D

What about the one who got attacked by one of those giant Tarantulas...

...to the rest of us sober ones, it was a car distributor cap and leads thrown at him! :D

:huh:

Don't know about fighting water hoses... .but I suspect you are right about the alcohol. Most people eaten by snakes in Manaus have been drinking.

tumblr_inline_mp15gw1CC21qz4rgp.jpg

All these posts remarking anacondas and other stupid things in Manaus are so prejudicial... but well, MY ENGLAND is the fair play one.

Someone said here that Brazilians, Chileneans or wherever hooligans were the ones to bit that MY ENGLAND citizen ear... but I think this someone hasn't read quite well... it was a MY ENGLAND citizen that has done this.

Well, Danny, it seems that this is indeed the "Cup of the cups"... they were praying that by this time they would be here posting Zillions of IMPARTIAL, NEUTRAL """""""NEWS""""""" about the tournment failure, but well... they don't have much to talk about so they come with snakes and ranks out of the blue. We gotta laugh instead of answering.

Archived