Your favourite Word Cup 2014 stadium?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which World Cup 2014 stadium is your favourite?

• Belo Horizonte - Mineirão
    • Brasília - Estádio Nacional de Brasília
    • Cuiabá - Arena Pantanal
    • Curitiba - Arena da Baixada
    • Fortaleza - Castelão
    • Manaus - Arena da Amazônia
    • Natal - Estádio das Dunas
    • Porto Alegre - Estádio Beira-Rio
    • Recife - Arena Pernambuco
    • Rio de Janeiro - Maracanã
    • Salvador da Bahia - Arena Fonte Nova
    • São Paulo - Arena de São Paulo
  2. 2. Which World Cup 2014 stadium is your second favourite?

• Fortaleza - Castelão
  3. 3. Which World Cup 2014 stadium is your third favourite?

• Fortaleza - Castelão

You see the moment you mention "Amazon", for the rest of us in the world, we think "The Jungle" and everything that it implies...And when it comes to Brazil, the fear and respect that it deserves.

You see the moment you mention "Amazon", for the rest of us in the world, we think "The Jungle" and everything that it implies...And when it comes to Brazil, the fear and respect that it deserves.

It's not a matter of fear or respect. The problem is people in general assumes things about Brazil that are not truth.

Some here think Manaus is a town in the middle of the jungle instead of the reality of a big metropolis with industries, opera house, avenues, a major airport hub...

I thought this World Cup would teach something about Brazil to foreigners but it seems international media only boosted some old vision and wrong stereotypes about the country... :(

• Like 1

Not only international media I'd say. BRs all over the web are still sharing pics of bootylicious girls, partay and beaches as the quintessential image of Brazil. Not even one stereotype was demolished I'm afraid.

• Like 2

It's not a matter of fear or respect. The problem is people in general assumes things about Brazil that are not truth...

...I thought this World Cup would teach something about Brazil to foreigners but it seems international media only boosted some old vision and wrong stereotypes about the country... :(

Ooh I think you are being too harsh there. There have been far more positive reporting about Brazil especially involving is amazing tournament. It's been seen as one massive party and Brazil's positive vibe clearly reflects that, and is seen as such. And it's a party that will carry on for another two years.

Always remember that the world sees what is reported, and sometimes it's not fair, either to us or you...but alway think of the positives.

• Like 1

Not only international media I'd say. BRs all over the web are still sharing pics of bootylicious girls, partay and beaches as the quintessential image of Brazil. Not even one stereotype was demolished I'm afraid.

Well, there are parties and beaches in Brazil, right?

And bootylicious woman is not stereotype, Victor... ;)

I see more beautiful woman than favelas or crime in a daily basis...

;) Yeah rub it in why don't you...Embraer Supermodel factory and all!

Yes... It is a stereotype with big social implications, specially when de talk about foreign tourists behaviour. You know the 'South Zones' of our cities are not what they're made of.

Yes... It is a stereotype with big social implications, specially when de talk about foreign tourists behaviour. You know the 'South Zones' of our cities are not what they're made of.

Prostitution exists not only in Brazil... And jerk tourists too.

Perfect.

About the stadium, Manaus don't have any big clubs in the city and they are planing to make Arena Amazonia a multi-purpose arena, since the city is big and a major industrial city for the country and have demand for shows, conventions, fairs...

If they don't have any big clubs, then why is Nacional FC listed as its permanent tenant? Arena da Amazonia replaced an already existing stadium, so clearly a soccer team of sorts existed in the older stadium as well. It's only natural that Nacional FC is moving into Arena Da Amazonia, even if all the paperwork has yet to be finished with that.

So you guys should have still stuck to renovating existing stadiums, rather than demolishing them an building new ones. Maracana was fine prior to the World Cup and had a larger capacity. It did not need to be "modernized" whatsoever.

Yes the Maracana did need to be modernized, and not just because of the World Cup, but because it is also the location where the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of Rio 2016 will be, as well as the final game for soccer for the Olympics as well. They are using a separate stadium that will host the athletic events and some soccer matches.

If they don't have any big clubs, then why is Nacional FC listed as its permanent tenant? Arena da Amazonia replaced an already existing stadium, so clearly a soccer team of sorts existed in the older stadium as well. It's only natural that Nacional FC is moving into Arena Da Amazonia, even if all the paperwork has yet to be finished with that.

Well, I wish them good luck. Last Amazonas State Championship total attendance for all matches were less than the stadium capacity. I do hope the stadium boost local teams and help to improve clubs in Amazonas state.