I thought the side judges could only call offsites and other "line" issues. Any penalties had to be called by the ref.

Note: Stupid American here, so I could easily be wrong.

Americans are not stupid - the site judges are allowed to inform the field referee about fouls etc. etc. - the field referee will decide what he/she is doing...

I thought the side judges could only call offsites and other "line" issues. Any penalties had to be called by the ref.

Note: Stupid American here, so I could easily be wrong.

The ultimate decision on what to do lies with the referee. But if a linesman sees an incident the referee has missed, or has a better view than the referee, he can tell him what happened. If a linesman told this ref a player had bitten another player, there would have been a red card, no doubt.

In any case, maybe we all have it wrong. Suarez was bashed in the face - almost knocked a tooth loose. And he's the bad guy???

_75808737_lui.jpg

Note: Sarcasm

Everytime they keep replaying this...it just gets worse.

They showed some video footage in slow motion here in Germany - it looks like that he struck out to chop his fangs into the shoulder of the Italian player...

"Jaws Suárez/Hannibal Suárez" needs a psychologist - he has to be guarded from himself - and the other players has to be protected...

• Like 1

I do laugh at his reaction moments after that bite as if to say "why did you jam your shoulder into my mouth in reaction to me head butting you!"

I love the passion of these players, so committed, yet why do these top end football players have moments of silliness that reflect on them forever?...I just don't get it. :(

Makes it worse as Liverpool is my favorite PL team outside London.

I do laugh at his reaction moments after that bite as if to say "why did you jam your shoulder into my mouth in reaction to me head butting you!"

I love the passion of these players, so committed, yet why do these top end football players have moments of silliness that reflect on them forever?...I just don't get it. :(

Makes it worse as Liverpool is my favorite PL team outside London.

Don't worry, Liverpool are already getting the t-shirts made.

Who's your main team anyway?

• Like 1

Don't worry, Liverpool are already getting the t-shirts made.

Who's your main team anyway?

...not saying...coz you'll go off your nut! :D

COLUMBIA 1 - JAPAN 0

love it when they dance!

Can I take that to mean the mighty Gunners then Alex? ;). To think...we were gonna try for Suarez for £50m, thank god we didn't. Ballotelli is no angel, but he looks a bit like a positive role model compared to Suarez. I actually feel sorry for Brazil, whose amazing World Cup could be overshadowed, a bit like how 2006 is defined by. 'the headbutt' :(

Can I take that to mean the mighty Gunners then Alex? ;). To think...we were gonna try for Suarez for £50m, thank god we didn't. Ballotelli is no angel, but he looks a bit like a positive role model compared to Suarez. I actually feel sorry for Brazil, whose amazing World Cup could be overshadowed, a bit like how 2006 is defined by. 'the headbutt' :(

...um um er ahh...hey look over there -

Still nil all!