@Danny - Could you please post front pages of Chilean newspapers?

Hilarious :-)

JaaHS7MU0M.gif

This keeps getting played on the news services here in NZ...friggin hilarious!!! :D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The abdication is keeping football away from the front pages in most Spanish newspapers today. Sports media agree that this has been a terrible WC for Spain, that both matches have been embarrassing, etc. All of a sudden, our footballers have become a bunch of losers when a week ago they were the best and they were going to win their second WC. That's why I don't like (men's) football. Everyone takes it too seriously. When our team wins we think we're superior and when it loses it looks like the apocalypse, and it's neither one thing nor the other. That's not how I conceive sport and the reason why I don't support our men's football team as much as the rest of our teams and athletes.

P.S. Please don't judge all Spaniards by what a group of angry hooligans might be doing on the internet. We are not like that.

P.S. Please don't judge all Spaniards by what a group of angry hooligans might be doing on the internet. We are not like that.

I don't, Athan, despite the fact, they are very tough on their comments always.

BTW, I watched a TV programme called Madrileños por el Mundo, and I was very happy about the impression real Spaniards have about Brazil and how kind they actually are, despite the stereotypes.

I know. It's shameful. Still, they're just a small minority, fortunately.

Yes, in spite of stereotypes, prejudices and the healthy rivalry, Spaniards appreciate Latin America, particularly Mexico and the southernmost countries.

I know. It's shameful. Still, they're just a small minority, fortunately.

I completely understand you. It's pretty much like the demonstrations in Brazil. Now it's just a minority: 100, 150 people, but media keeps giving big attention to this like every single Brazil is protesting, meanwhile, the real fact is: we had 300+ km of traffic jams on the main avenues in Sao Paulo 2 days ago, because the entire city (11 million people) was trying to get home to watch Brazil's match.

Still, CNN focused in the 150 people with banners. The footage is so ridiculous that there were more journalists covering the "protest" than protesters themselves.

Well my home country may be out but the team I drew from the sweepstakes if through! So i'm happy! Proud of Australia. Everyone is praising Cahill's goal and both matches. Seeing as we were the lowest ranked team and we didn't get smashed the way that the reigning champs did by the Netherlands ;)

Good job Australia. But keep on going Chile!

Well my home country may be out but the team I drew from the sweepstakes if through! So i'm happy! Proud of Australia. Everyone is praising Cahill's goal and both matches. Seeing as we were the lowest ranked team and we didn't get smashed the way that the reigning champs did by the Netherlands ;)

Good job Australia. But keep on going Chile!

Too true...and don't feel bad.

It does kind of suck that Fifa stacks the international windows for games in favour of the better teams and not allow potential growth minnows like Australia and NZ to play them on a regular cycle. Even would be great if we could take on the "Home" FAs on a rotation as we do with Rugby. But then the mega clubs just wont let it happen. :(

Well my home country may be out but the team I drew from the sweepstakes if through! So i'm happy! Proud of Australia. Everyone is praising Cahill's goal and both matches. Seeing as we were the lowest ranked team and we didn't get smashed the way that the reigning champs did by the Netherlands ;) Good job Australia. But keep on going Chile!

I think Australis did very well in its two matches - Chile and the Netherlands crystallised as the best teams of the group, but Australia showed in the match vs Netherlands that it is a good team - cross my fingers for its last match at the WC

Danny, you might wanna put up DAY 8,

woohoositme hasn't done it yet, and T might!

I'm assuming you mean Me when you say T, because you have called me T before. Does it really matter who put's the Day's up? It wouldn't be a big deal if I put it up or if anybody else put it up.

Danny, you might wanna put up DAY 8,

woohoositme hasn't done it yet, and T might!

Was that remark really necessary?

They have a specific graphical banner (Well done one btw)

thanks Danny - that was a nice remark

I'm assuming you mean Me when you say T, because you have called me T before. Does it really matter who put's the Day's up? It wouldn't be a big deal if I put it up or if anybody else put it up.

Of course anybody else can put it up, but Danny made a good remark: it became a kind of tradition that woohoositme starts the daily live chat thread, since he uses a nice layout/banner for the first post...

It is nice to have such kind of traditions!

thanks Danny - that was a nice remark

Of course anybody else can put it up, but Danny made a good remark

The banner is a nice tradition. That's remarkable.

Archived