FIFA World Cup: Day 5 Live Chat

Our commentator stated that it wasn't the hand to the face that was the issue, the official was actually going to ignore that. But it was the pseudoheadbutt that was the red card/foul.

I know, that's what I was talking about.

I mean to say, Muller went down like he was shot which lead to the headbutt for the red card. Pepe didn't have to react and was stupid too and deserved to be sent off, but Muller's play-acting was what lead to it.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Brazil become independent in 1822?

Yes, Peter II, the son of Portugal king said "Independence or death!!!" in 1822, nobody cared much, his father said "oh, fine"... And Brazil got its independence and Peter became the only "Emperor" of the Americas.

After losing Cisplatina province (now the country of Uruguay), Peter went back to Portugal and became Peter IV, king of Portugal...

Yeah, crazy history.

And the decisive battles happened guess where -- Salvador!

This is true!

At that battle, Portugal lost 3-0 too and had more injured players than today.

And red card for all its citizens...

Lol

Goalllllll!!!

Goal average increasing!!!

wow - 4:0

I was on the loo - I heard that there was an incident in front of the German goal? Was it a non-given penalty?

I didn't pay attention, I was writing about Brazil history to some german who pretend to be Argentine :rolleyes:

Germany could have scored more but they saved their energy fir next matches.

Portugal now have a bad goal count for tie-breaker in the group

some fireworks in Hamburg

I'm celebrating too. Im always against Portugal. Congrats.Germany!!!

Some neighbors were screaming a lot in joy for Germany goals

So if I understand how this works, all the USMNT has to do is

- Not get stomped by Germany, and

- Either

--- Beat Portugal, or

--- Beat Ghana and tie Portugal

Nah, not happening. I'm on the Mexico bandwagon wit the rest of North American fans.

I'm gonna sleep, see you guys for USA match.

I'd miss Nigeria / Iran ???

Germany could have scored more but they saved their energy fir next matches.

Is the climate in Forteleza and Recife comparable to Salvador?

Portugal has to do something, but it will become very hard for them now - Spain is in a little better position, but this World Cup is full of surprises!!!

I'm gonna sleep, see you guys for USA match.

Go USA!!!!!!!

There won't be another World Cup in Brazil soon - you should watch all matches ;):)

Kinda. All of them are coast cities, but Fortaleza is usually hotter, drier and windier.

Is it possible that the "remnants of low" with rain and storm are coming from the south west and hit the coast around Salvador and since the land between Salvador and Forteleza the rain is gone and therefore Forteleza is drier?

Both Muller & Pepe should've been off. No place for either behaviour in football :angry:

I don't think so - there is no reason why a player goes to another player, who is sitting on the ground and touch the head with your own...

I wonder how everybody would react here when that happens to us - especially when this other person had just fouled you...

Between Salvador and Fortaleza we have the Brazilian Hinterlands (we call it Sertão) which are a diet version of the Australian Outback with semi-arid areas and hills that keep the rains closer to the ocean. Ceará state - where Fortaleza is located - lacks much of the coastal rainforest and mangroves which provides moisture to eastern hosts Natal, Recife and Salvador. Fortaleza is like a big tropical beach: windy, hot and relatively less humid than most northeastern capitals.

Between Salvador and Fortaleza we have the Brazilian Hinterlands (we call it Sertão) which are a diet version of the Australian Outback with semi-arid areas and hills that keep the rains closer to the ocean. Ceará state - where Fortaleza is located - lacks much of the coastal rainforest and mangroves which provides moisture to eastern hosts Natal, Recife and Salvador. Fortaleza is like a big tropical beach: windy, hot and relatively less humid than most northeastern capitals.

The coast Salvador-Recife-Forteleza sounds like it is a great place to make holidays - when I come to Rio in 2016 would be that area a good place to make a beach holiday before or afterwards the Olympics?

The coast Salvador-Recife-Forteleza sounds like it is a great place to make holidays - when I come to Rio in 2016 would be that area a good place to make a beach holiday before or afterwards the Olympics?

Certainly! Between Salvador and Fortaleza (not counting the horrible brown ocean of Sergipe state) is the most beautiful strip of coast in the country, with some of the oldest cities in Brazil. Salvador is also hosting soccer matches for Rio 2016.

Archived