FIFA World Cup: Day 5 Live Chat

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm definitely calling BS on those attendance totals.

My friend is at the game in Salvador now and has been at 2 other games. He says that the reason the stands look empty here and there are for two reasons. The Brazilian fans move around a lot and security issues due to Brazilians and other fans not arriving in the time they are recommended to show up. Danny might be able to confirm this.

Yeah, I'm definitely calling BS on those attendance totals.

Switzerland vs Ecuador in Brasilia had visible empty spots. OTOH, Every other game was packed. The 2014 WC - in its first week - is shaping to be a very memorable edition.

US Sports Talk Radio this morning:

Host: So, realistically, does the US have a chance of advancing out of the group stage?

"Expert 1": Oh yes, there's a chance. Both Germany and Portugal are vunerable. The Germans have been playing listless lately. They can give up soft goals and forget to score. Meanwhile, Portugal isn't stocked with star players they way the usually are.

"Expert 2": Are you *&*#$ing nuts? Germany. Vunerable? To the US??? They are unquestionally one of the top three teams in the world. The dominate the US at every single positions. There's not a player on the USMNT that could make the German squad. etc. etc. etc.

My friend is at the game in Salvador now and has been at 2 other games. He says that the reason the stands look empty here and there are for two reasons. The Brazilian fans move around a lot and security issues due to Brazilians and other fans not arriving in the time they are recommended to show up. Danny might be able to confirm this.

Already said that and posted a picture of second half with the stadium packed.

The image of the stadium in second half speaks for itself.

84C19FAB-1B4B-4211-8156-AEC777107A1C_1.j 98% or so attendance seems very plausible with this picture from mid-second half.

People is complaining the restaurant services were very slow... Can be a reason for some empty chairs during part of the match.

US Sports Talk Radio this morning:

Host: So, realistically, does the US have a chance of advancing out of the group stage?

"Expert 1": Oh yes, there's a chance. Both Germany and Portugal are vunerable. The Germans have been playing listless lately. They can give up soft goals and forget to score. Meanwhile, Portugal isn't stocked with star players they way the usually are.

"Expert 2": Are you *&*#$ing nuts? Germany. Vunerable? To the US??? They are unquestionally one of the top three teams in the world. The dominate the US at every single positions. There's not a player on the USMNT that could make the German squad. etc. etc. etc.

Yea, did you watch the ESPN video preview on Group G? One of their guys was saying Germany wouldn't advance because of their 'suspect' defense.

im on a plane to NYC with a horrible buffering stream on Univision(guy next to me is a Columbian fan!)...........and every time it stops buffering there is a new GOOOOOOAL for Alemania!

Germany is dominant....in control.....not a surprise but Portugal is surprisingly unsorted.

Thought I had a winning team ARRRRRRRRRRRRR! We are saving it for the big ending.

Seen the red card again. Definite red card but the German went down like he was shot. Pretty pathetic overreaction.

Ok, Fred just lost best acting Oscar of this World Cup :rolleyes:

Seen the red card again. Definite red card but the German went down like he was shot. Pretty pathetic overreaction.

Our commentator stated that it wasn't the hand to the face that was the issue, the official was actually going to ignore that. But it was the pseudoheadbutt that was the red card/foul.

Portugal is having its worst time in Brazil since 1822...

2 injured

1 red card

3 goals...

Wow

Did Brazil become independent in 1822?

Our commentator stated that it wasn't the hand to the face that was the issue, the official was actually going to ignore that. But it was the pseudoheadbutt that was the red card/foul.

yeah - that was said in the German commentary too

Archived