• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this world cup, FIFA will have to revise that reduction of anthems. If the intention is to shorten the time of the ceremonial part, this isn't working because the crowd keeps singing and the referee can't start the match.

And people have the right to sing their anthem. Fifa and its stupid rules for everything. No anthem is bigger than 2 minutes and something. Leave people sing their anthems.

Well, it had an amazing effect in the Brazil match when the second verse was belted out with no music. I thought that was deliberate, because it sounded brilliant, I didn't realise it was just because of a new FIFA rule.

Well, it had an amazing effect in the Brazil match when the second verse was belted out with no music. I thought that was deliberate, because it sounded brilliant, I didn't realise it was just because of a new FIFA rule.

On ESPN they said that they did the same thing on purpose for the Confederations Cup so I thought they did the same thing but then the Chile anthem was cut off and Danny explained why

Enjoy the atmosphere this year, will be the last time for 12 years.

Don´t expect anything near this in Russia and Qatar.

You're right. But to be fair, I don't think many of the countries bidding for those tournaments would've topped this so far. All the South Americans converging on Brazil has made this pretty special.

Of course, we haven't actually heard the crowd at a World Cup for eight years, so it's a bit of a novelty in that sense too!

uru.png

URU

• 1F. MUSLERA (GK)
  • 2D. LUGANO ©
  • 3D. GODIN
  • 5W. GARGANO
  • 7C. RODRIGUEZ
  • 10D. FORLAN
  • 11C. STUANI
  • 16M. PEREIRA
  • 17E. AREVALO RIOS
  • 21E. CAVANI
  • 22M. CACERES

crc.png

CRC

• 1NAVAS K. (GK)
  • 3GONZALEZ G.
  • 4UMAÑA M.
  • 5BORGES C.
  • 6DUARTE O.
  • 7BOLAÑOS C.
  • 9CAMPBELL J.
  • 10RUIZ B. ©
  • 15DIAZ J.
  • 16GAMBOA C.
  • 17TEJEDA Y.

WEATHER

1566712_full-lnd.jpg

Estadio Castelao, Fortaleza

• Partly Cloudy
  • 30° CTemperature
  • 19 m/sWind
  • 58 %Humidity

that save was sweet URU vs CRC

incredible..........pardon me I'm American but....was it a goal?

No it's an automatic red card for stopping a goal and a PK. But the Ghana player missed and in the tunnel Luis Suarez celebrated and then they won in a pen shootout (like in hockey) then he came back on the field to celebrate while the ghana players were celebrating. It was the biggest moment of the WC and it was pathetic so the guy who did it is hated GOAL COSTA RICA

Archived