FIFA World Cup Opening Match Live Chat

Looks good with the stadium not so packed, most still arriving for the match itself...those temporary seats look steep, what a sight!

Edited by #rescue Our Girls NOW!

Quite a lacklustre standard opening ceremony so far, if you ask me. Lots of dances and displays of the country's nature, but nothing breathtaking or surprising. So far, besides the LED globe, this could have been an opening ceremony already in the 1980s.

Football segment underway.

I think Sep Blatter has entired or got noticed in the stadium, crowd hissed and booed for no reason.

Here's the Brazillian flag.

Superhottie Claudia Lechei, Pitpull and....Jennifer Lopez?

Edited by #rescue Our Girls NOW!

Football segment underway.

I think Sep Blatter has entired or got noticed in the stadium, crowd hissed and booed for no reason.

You sure that wasn't when the Argentina flag appeared on the LED globe?

I think Step Ladder is giving this a miss isn't it? London 2012 and the ConFed cup put him off.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

The German commentator apologised for the bad sound quality, apparently it was only a problem in the TV broadcast and not in the stadium itself.

But what about that quadriplegic guy in that robot suit? They just showed a playback of the scene when that guy kicked the ball off - it was hardly noticeable. I thought that stunt would be much more spectacular.

All in all, I think this was a rather boring and forgettable opening ceremony. As long as the real action, namely the football, is better than that, I'm fine. ;)

• Like 1

Even the 2011 Rugby WC Opening was more stimulating than this...But then Brazilians party all ths time, so it's nothing to then.

Got to remember this IS NOT an Olympics OC!