FIFA World Cup Opening Match Live Chat

Awful, forgettable ceremony. Even South Africa had a best opening and that's not saying much.

After a decent and kind of good opening we had last year for the Confed Cup, this comes as kind of disappointing, but aw well.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unfair to compare this OC dance and singalong to 2010, as South Africa was hosting a major global event for the first time and for self promotion...

Brazil is the superpower of Football so doesn't really have to prove anything, and Rio hosts thd big one in two years time.

Yeah quite boring so far. I think the speeches (or speech) will come shortly before kickoff.

No, according to media reports, neither Blatter nor Dilma Rousseff will give speeches - allegedly due to the booing of both at last year's Confed Cup opening.

Yeah quite boring so far. I think the speeches (or speech) will come shortly before kickoff.

Nope. Both Dilma and Blatter decided there won't be speeches in the opening, since they both know how much they're hated by Brazilians at this moment and will get booed as hell.

I think World Cup OCs don't have to be boring. I thought that both the 2006 and 2010 opening ceremonies in Germany and South Africa were quite entertaining. Just think of the parade of former World Champions that was done in Munich.

bra.png

BRA

• 12JULIO CESAR (GK)
  • 2DANI ALVES
  • 3T SILVA ©
  • 4DAVID LUIZ
  • 6MARCELO
  • 7HULK
  • 8PAULINHO
  • 9FRED
  • 10NEYMAR JR
  • 11OSCAR
  • 17L GUSTAVO

cro.png

CRO

• 1PLETIKOSA (GK)
  • 2VRSALJKO
  • 4PERIŠIĆ
  • 5CORLUKA
  • 6LOVREN
  • 7RAKITIĆ
  • 9JELAVIĆ
  • 10MODRIĆ
  • 11SRNA ©
  • 18OLIĆ
  • 20KOVAČIĆ

Boring ceremony, slow, nothing interesting as always. At least this time it took only 25 minutes.

Now it's time for the big show.

BTW, nice graphics from Host Broadcast TV

VAI BRASIL!!!!

This WC is messing with me, keep thinking it's Friday and tomorrow's the weekend.

Lucky for NZ and Australia then...It IS Friday, albeit morning.

I EXPECT Brazil to be victorious today, amazing stadium by the way. Here comes the Brazilian team.

Archived