Fantasy Bidding Competition: 2026 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go: If I hadn't been so slack, I might have done the complete deal (charts and all as much of the information was readily available)

http://www.4shared.com/office/PB3PbH1gce/FIFA2026.html

Just read the bid book, and looks like mine didn't follow the olympic format. But a typical one for the World Cup

Very detailed and impressive work from Lord David as usual! And a very original concept by eternalcobi!

Here's CANADA 2026's bid book: https://www.sendspace.com/file/29vzmd

And here is CHINA 2026 by Griff: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ftod3d

Only 6 hours left before the deadline! ;)

Thanks for appreciating my original concept, despite that I never have self-creativity because of my autism

Just read the bid book, and looks like mine didn't follow the olympic format. But a typical one for the World Cup

I simply used an existing Olympic bid book template and worked from there.

As for Canada's bid, Surrey? What about Hamilton? Moncton?

I simply used an existing Olympic bid book template and worked from there.

As for Canada's bid, Surrey? What about Hamilton? Moncton?

Yeah, I questioned it at first too, but I think Surrey would actually be a great choice that I never even thought off to host games. The Vancouver FC team already want to get a stadium out there, so it would be great to incorporate it into a World Cup bid.

As for Halifax, there will probably be a stadium out east, but likely in Moncton. There's already a stadium available that needs to be expanded, and Moncton has already been considered for CFL expansion, more so than Halifax.

Hamilton would be a good choice, but it's proximity to Toronto makes it kind of unlikely to have 3 stadiums in such a small area.

What I think would be interesting for the real 2026 bid is if they used Buffalo or Seattle or Detroit for some games, like England is using Cardiff during the rugby World Cup next year. Probably just a pipe dream because the US will likely bid too, but an interesting idea nonetheless.

Yeah, I questioned it at first too, but I think Surrey would actually be a great choice that I never even thought off to host games. The Vancouver FC team already want to get a stadium out there, so it would be great to incorporate it into a World Cup bid.

As for Halifax, there will probably be a stadium out east, but likely in Moncton. There's already a stadium available that needs to be expanded, and Moncton has already been considered for CFL expansion, more so than Halifax.

Hamilton would be a good choice, but it's proximity to Toronto makes it kind of unlikely to have 3 stadiums in such a small area.

What I think would be interesting for the real 2026 bid is if they used Buffalo or Seattle or Detroit for some games, like England is using Cardiff during the rugby World Cup next year. Probably just a pipe dream because the US will likely bid too, but an interesting idea nonetheless.

Exactly, i picked Surrey because i wanted six stadiums in the West, and the Vancouver Whitecaps want a soccer-specific stadium. Building a new soccer stadium thanks to the World Cup would be a great legacy.

As for choosing Halifax over Moncton, Halifax simply is a larger city with a larger airport, and Moncton's stadium has only 10,000 seats and an athletics track, the whole thing would basically have to be rebuilt.

And yes, I didn't chose Hamilton because I didn't want 3 stadiums in the Toronto region, and BMO Field is a better stadium.

As for Canada including a stadium in the US if they actually bid in 2026, not sure if FIFA allow that sort of thing, however I could see them do it if they bid for the Rugby World Cup (provided the US don't bid as well)

Archived