Fantasy Bidding Competition: 2026 FIFA World Cup

Yes. I am currently working bit by bit on my bid book.

I got the host cities planned out and an amazing figure for the potential Team Base Camps. Offering 65 out of the 64 required Team Base Camps in 65 different cities. Oh wait, we didn't have to do that? :P

Oh i would love to participate in a "game" like this. It is actually what i have serched for in this topic: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/24223-does-this-game-exist/

Couldn´t it be fun if we could online compete in getting big sporting events to our countrys. Also the smaller Things like European championschips in table tennis and asian games in handball (if you are a country there) oh it would be so much fun! And the Winner to each competition should be by voting of all the other who are playing. So if I was Denmark and was going for the World championschip in volleyball, then the rest of the World should vote between al the country that are trying to win it. Those country whome are not played by a person of course should be run by the computer. Oh I really would love a game like that! Many many details in my head. Anyone with a lot of Money or computing skills that can produce such a game? ;)

Well it was a bit off topic for this topic. But what a fantastic idea. Unfortuntately i don´t think Denmark is anywhere near to could win this. (The football tournament is also the point were I see Copenhagen/Denmark as week regarding Olympic games in Copenhagen). But would there be another "contest" like this for other Things i perhaps would particpate :)

How do you create a Bid Book and how do you post it on here?

There's a whole heap of ways. You could use Word or Powerpoint to make the pages, then convert it to a .pdf file and upload it somewhere.

It's a little too late for you to enter, are you going to enter with something?

Im sorry to "kidnap" this topic. But suddenly I saw the following topic: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/22134-129th-ioc-session-live-blog/page-7 by considence.

This is apparently the ending of a competition-bid for 2024 games. But I can´t find the topic in the forum overview? Is there anyway to see a list of the old topics? I would have love to have read more about that contest, and are there perhaps anyway to see the bids files? As I can understand in that thread there is often different contest, and I can see that this one I "kidnapped" here, is the only topic in this forum section. Therefor i made my question in this thread. In the future I will perhaps participate in contest like this. But the World Cup I don´t find likely for Denmark, so this is not one I will participate in. But most likely others interesting competitions i could find interest in.

Kindly regards
Hans

Im sorry to "kidnap" this topic. But suddenly I saw the following topic: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/22134-129th-ioc-session-live-blog/page-7 by considence.

This is apparently the ending of a competition-bid for 2024 games. But I can´t find the topic in the forum overview? Is there anyway to see a list of the old topics? I would have love to have read more about that contest, and are there perhaps anyway to see the bids files? As I can understand in that thread there is often different contest, and I can see that this one I "kidnapped" here, is the only topic in this forum section. Therefor i made my question in this thread. In the future I will perhaps participate in contest like this. But the World Cup I don´t find likely for Denmark, so this is not one I will participate in. But most likely others interesting competitions i could find interest in.

Kindly regards

Hans

Concept Bids: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/22054-olympic-games-design-contest-submit-here/

Submitted Bids: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/21942-olympic-games-design-contest-submissions/

Final Draw: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/22134-129th-ioc-session-live-blog/

Wow I must say I´m a bit surprised. That link to the australian bid book. Is that really all? I thought that a bid would include a lot more details!!! Or is that just a summary of a lot more detailed version? I have never seen a complete bid before for anything, and would love to see more of that, but I am still a bid surprised if this was all... I surely must have misunderstood it?

Redards
Hans

No of course that's not the Australian bid book. The real one was Kangaroo leather bound and at 750 pages.

Full of information including more details on the venues, venue plans, the mandatory 64 minimum locations for Team Base Camps (so competing teams can choose from, so it'll be 32 out of 64), accommodation details, weather, health services etc.

I don't have the Australia one, doubt there even was/is a digital copy out there. I got the Spain/Portugal one.

What logo? We don't even know what Tony is bidding with!

Use word or better yet powerpoint. If you need help converting to pdf, send us a link or email it to DamC, I'm sure he can convert it for you.

Just assuming.You did encouraging Tony to bid and an extended deadline has been given...

*cough* England *cough*

^^ What about *Cough* Ireland *Cough*?

Ya make it both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Say 2 or 3 venues up North, with the rest in normal Ireland. The primary means of travel would be by an expanded rail network.

You use GAA venues which have been upgraded in Ireland, propose a new venue in the North, have the final at Croke Park. Hey, Qatar won with close to nothing. :P

Looks like I'm like Rio's Olympic preparations. Got the stadiums, but still searching for the following in the Caribbean for the following locations:

• Preliminary and final draws
  • International broadcasting centre
  • Kick-off concert
  • FIFA Fan fests
  • Football for hope festival