Okay, it doesn't look like we're gonna get any more in (it was over-subscribed anyway), so here's the final draw for the WC Sweepstake.

The two who missed out in the first draw, Olympian2004 and markun, have drawn in this round:
Olympian2004: Brazil (lucky fellow - couldn't believe how much I laughed when it was the first team I drew out of the bowl this morning!)
markun: Switzerland (guess it coulda been better, coulda been worse).

And Faster and baron-pierreIV have swapped their original teams by mutual agreement.

Anyone else who really, really, really detests the team they got drawn for, I suggest posting here that you'd be up for a swap, and then see if anyone wants to take you up on it.

Good luck everyone! Have fun, let's go and samba!

uiq5f.jpg

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

^^^

LOL! I didn't realise that was you Gangwon! I saw a Hokkaido post a few days ago and thought we'd had a new Japanese member! I sorta suspected you'd be one who might be up to swap. I might've taken you up on it before, but I'm liking my mighty Bosnia now!

I didn't realise the GBMod had put his name in. Must have got deleted amongst all that ... ahem ... diversion in the original draw thread. Anyway, he deserves an automatic spot in any GamesBids sweeps. So I've stuck my hand into the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and come up with...

GBMod: Slyther..., errr, France!

Edited by Sir Rols

^^^

LOL! I didn't realise that was you Gangwon! I saw a Hokkaido post a few days ago and thought we'd had a new Japanese member! I sorta suspected you'd be one who might be up to swap. I might've taken you up on it before, but I'm liking my mighty Bosnia now!

Me? Swap? Nope, I like my Japan!*

*(must respect the draw)

Besides, Bosnia? Umm, no thank you...

Is it too late for me to get in? I see there's already a couple of sides with a 2nd person attached to them, so why not throw myself into the mix.

Sure! I'll accept entries while I can still edit the opening draw post (about 24 hours from start of the thread). And you'll have the advantage, and disadvantage, of knowing what's still available and what's taken.

Thanks for entering. For your bravery, welcome to...

Quaker2001: Colombia

Edited by Sir Rols

The Mod also wanted in...

Bezzi, Tony and Mainad, may you all battle for 2nd.

Don't forget that Colombia was seeded for the draw and is in top 10 of FIFA ranking!

Bosnia has a much better change of getting out of the group than Japan.

No they don't they're about the same.

Besides, that's not even what I meant. I have no interest in Bosnia as a country.

^^^

I didn't realise the GBMod had put his name in. Must have got deleted amongst all that ... ahem ... diversion in the original draw thread. Anyway, he deserves an automatic spot in any GamesBids sweeps. So I've stuck my hand into the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and come up with...

GBMod: Slyther..., errr, France!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...