@50 Days To Go...what needs to be done?

We are fast closing in on what could be a very important event in the Commonwealth Games history...Glasgow 2014.

There seems to be so much riding on the XX edition, especially after the disappointment of 2010.

So what, apart from the teams arriving, needs to be done now? Are the buildings completed, transportation sorted out, the sea of volunteers ready, sports facilities signed off?

:)

Are we ready?

Not alot has to be done really.

All venues are completed, and some have had many test events. Banners and design materials are appearing all over the city. The cultural program has already started. The volunteers have had their accreditation and uniforms issued.

I guess it will just be the usual last minute touch ups, clean ups and venue dress ups.

Not alot has to be done really.

All venues are completed, and some have had many test events. Banners and design materials are appearing all over the city. The cultural program has already started. The volunteers have had their accreditation and uniforms issued.

I guess it will just be the usual last minute touch ups, clean ups and venue dress ups.

Yes and no. As I noted last week, I saw a fair amount of activity in many parts of the city. I think they're making the most of the excuse to improve infrastructure, as here with the provision of new lighting along the main road through Dalmarnock.

lamppost.jpg

Archived