USA 2024

Mitt Romney could still be the next President of the USA there is an big draft movement happening to get him to run again and it will be interesting if he becomes the next President of the USA and do the full 8 years from 2017 - 2025 and the USA get's two Olympics and Paralympics Games in an row in 2024 in Los Angeles and 2026 in Reno - Lake Tahoe. He headed the last games in the USA in SLC 2002 and opening up the next ones in 2024.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitt Romney could still be the next President of the USA there is an big draft movement happening to get him to run again and it will be interesting if he becomes the next President of the USA and do the full 8 years from 2017 - 2025 and the USA get's two Olympics and Paralympics Games in an row in 2024 in Los Angeles and 2026 in Reno - Lake Tahoe. He headed the last games in the USA in SLC 2002 and opening up the next ones in 2024.

dumbest-thing-i-ve-ever-heard.jpg

The guy has repeatedly said he's not going to run and, in his own words, the GOP should nominate "someone who can win."

I wonder how much she was influenced by Disney's Mary Blair (and vice versa)

DSC05512.jpg

5-21_mary_blair.jpg

Sussman and Blair are both unique and downright different from each other. LA84 has extensive use of bare-basic shapes alone. I'm talkin' squares, triangles, etc. Blair is really more flexible with that and has more curves and such. Colors are also an obvious one. Deborah Sussman truly shaped Southern California with her art and style http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/08/designer_deborah_sussman_defined_the_way_we_see_a_lot_of_la.php

Would a larger, remodeled RFK Stadium be feasible for an Olympics?

RFK never held more than 56,000 people. I don't think it could (or should for that matter) be remodeled to make it bigger. So no, I don't think it would be feasible.

I'm wondering if the DC bid people have contacted Snyder at all about a new stadium?

I have to imagine they know of his intentions. But keep in mind, as the issue of ownership comes into play here.. Snyder owns and operates FedExField. It's his stadium. I doubt he'd move into a building that he doesn't own, even if it's closer to DC. That seems to defeat the purpose of a new stadium in this case. Couple that with the timetable (which may or may not work into their favor with regard to an Olympic bid), and this might actually be worse news for a DC bid than if Snyder wasn't considering a new stadium.

RFK never held more than 56,000 people. I don't think it could (or should for that matter) be remodeled to make it bigger. So no, I don't think it would be feasible.

I have to imagine they know of his intentions. But keep in mind, as the issue of ownership comes into play here.. Snyder owns and operates FedExField. It's his stadium. I doubt he'd move into a building that he doesn't own, even if it's closer to DC. That seems to defeat the purpose of a new stadium in this case. Couple that with the timetable (which may or may not work into their favor with regard to an Olympic bid), and this might actually be worse news for a DC bid than if Snyder wasn't considering a new stadium.

I think RFK would have to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Maybe post games the stadium could be sold to Snyder?

I think RFK would have to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Maybe post games the stadium could be sold to Snyder?

The only current tenant at RFK is D.C. United. Not sure what would have to happen to them in order for the stadium to get torn down.

And again, keep in mind about Snyder (similar to Bob Kraft in New England).. he owns the stadium. If he moves the Redskins, he'll probably want it to be to a stadium he owns as well, even though he's going to have to pay for it. Not sure how willing DC will be to spend mostly to lure the Redskins into town. And the flip side is if they had something in the works related to the Olympics, I don't know how that would work selling it to Snyder. Is he really going to want to buy a stadium he didn't build to his specifications?

The only current tenant at RFK is D.C. United. Not sure what would have to happen to them in order for the stadium to get torn down.

And again, keep in mind about Snyder (similar to Bob Kraft in New England).. he owns the stadium. If he moves the Redskins, he'll probably want it to be to a stadium he owns as well, even though he's going to have to pay for it. Not sure how willing DC will be to spend mostly to lure the Redskins into town. And the flip side is if they had something in the works related to the Olympics, I don't know how that would work selling it to Snyder. Is he really going to want to buy a stadium he didn't build to his specifications?

To reiterate what WooHoo said, they could always ask for his input. However, Ofan and Zeke bring up nice points about that. Snyder would have to be a part of the bid team and I'm sure that would end DC's hopes off the bat.

Well, they're gonna half to if DC is chosen. Wouldn't surprise me if the guy makes himself a part of the bid team.

If a possible 2024 DC bid wasn't alread dead, that would do it in.

To reiterate what WooHoo said, they could always ask for his input. However, Ofan and Zeke bring up nice points about that. Snyder would have to be a part of the bid team and I'm sure that would end DC's hopes off the bat.

They don't have to use Snyder or ask for his input, but the fact of the matter remains that he owns the most prominent sports franchise in or around the Beltway. The flipside of that is that Snyder may or may not give 2 craps about an Olympics in Washington DC. And if he's interested in building a new stadium, he's likely going to do that whether the Olympics are in play or not.

A little history of the Redskins over the past 20 years, for those who don't know.. The previous owner, Jack Kent Cooke, was the one who decided to move the Redskins out of DC proper. The stadium, originally named after him, was privately funded, but as a result, was built somewhat on the cheap. Cooke passed away shortly before the stadium opened and Snyder came in as owner in the late 90s. He sunk a lot of money into what is now FedExField, but a lot of Redskins fans tell me it never had the same vibe as RFK. Hence why there are rumblings about the team moving. But let it be stressed again.. there have been rumblings like this one before, so a move on the part of the Redskins to come back to DC is anything but imminent.

Why? What's wrong with him? Forgive me, I'm not an expert in American sport politics :P

He owns the Washington Redskins football team. Since he's taken over, the team has had a very bad losing record, has gone through something like 8 head coaches in 15 years, ticket prices have risen. He even sued season ticket holders who were unable to pay during the recession. He's pretty much an all around bad guy. He also drove Six Flags into the ground, so clearly his leadership is questionable.

He owns the Washington Redskins football team. Since he's taken over, the team has had a very bad losing record, has gone through something like 8 head coaches in 15 years, ticket prices have risen. He even sued season ticket holders who were unable to pay during the recession. He's pretty much an all around bad guy. He also drove Six Flags into the ground, so clearly his leadership is questionable.

Why? What's wrong with him? Forgive me, I'm not an expert in American sport politics :P

Ofan does have point about the crapiness that is Washington in general. But the real problem comes from the name of Washington itself, the "Redskins". It's a racist term for native americans, and over the past several months, there have been demands from the public (native americans most prominently) that they change the name. However, Snyder has cited it's part of their history, so he has rejected changing the name. As a result, a lot of people are PO'd at him.

Archived