UEFA Champions League Final Live Chat

Looking forward to this match up. Real's demolition of Bayern in the first half of that match was one of the most impressive things I've seen on a football pitch for a long while, but Atletico have kept out some very good teams and are now Spanish Champions.

Regarding Atletico as underdogs, it's hard to romanticise a club who are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt and have squirmed out of paying tax in a tanking economy for years. And Real have advantages few other clubs in Europe can claim as well...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/sam-wallace-why-atletico-madrid-are-far-from-the-robin-hood-club-of-european-football-9257781.html

All that grubbiness aside, I hope we get a good match and Real leave their play-acting at home in Madrid - the only aspect of their game which isn't breathtakingingly brilliant. I want some magic from Ronaldo and Bale, some brilliant counter attacks like we saw at the Allianz.

Not a great fan of either club. Hope football wins out. Lots of goals please, not a match of attrition.

(like the live ceremonies threads, I think I'll be too busy watching to post...might be around at h/t though)

Edited by Rob.

Well. I guess we couldn't have an all-Spanish final without some prissy tantrums.

But Real deserved that really. Atletico could never really rely on just one goal, and were lucky not to lose in normal time.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1