Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

New York Considers 2024 Olympic Bid

i think we should listen to yours since you know you're actually a teen, as opposed to me who hasn't set foot in a high school since mean girls was in theatrical release and thinks the high school experience is exactly as i barely remember it except with more snapchatting.

they didn't even have myspace when i was in high school. i joined it when i was a freshman in college.

Mr. Bernham was probably cut from his school lacrosse team. That's why he's bitter.

Kids didn't have cell phones when I was in high school, so I'm steering clear of this one.

An NYC bid has always seemed the most politically delicate American option.

With a decent plan, NYC can win against anyone. I'm not saying they will, but they can. That means that any talk of bidding is freighted with the very real possibility of actually hosting.

An Olympic bid is likely to affect the popular opinion of New York officials far more than in any other state. The people of New York have to be won over.

Dallas being interested is not big news. NYC being interested is big news. I don't think to is story would have come out if there weren't a fair amount of political will involved. Perhaps Xiomo is using the story to pressure deBlasio. Or perhaps it's a way of taking the temperature of public opinion. Either way, I don't think the story would have emerged if some key parties weren't quite keen on the idea.

If NYC comes up with a decent plan, they'll be nearly unstoppable.

Personally, I'm still much more excited about LA.

i think we should listen to yours since you know you're actually a teen, as opposed to me who hasn't set foot in a high school since mean girls was in theatrical release and thinks the high school experience is exactly as i barely remember it except with more snapchatting.

they didn't even have myspace when i was in high school. i joined it when i was a freshman in college.

So, more of a GeoCity kind of kid.

• Like 1

Tulsa is that try-hard who thinks he is great at sports when in reality he just looks like a total Douche. He does not make any of the important teams so he joins lacrosse, his family is somewhat wealthy but only because daddy is in big oil. The only successful person from his family is like 5ft tall and can sing opera/Broadway, so he is in her shadow at home.

DC is the "I'm involved in everything" girl, she's an activist, President of every freaking club and say's she is, "Too good for new technology", but in reality she is growing up in a low income family and doing everything to rise above that challenge. However she's small and too busy, which causes for he scheduled to be very 'spread out'

Atlanta is the "Been there, done that type", he's a total hipster in some sense and does not boast a lot. "Olympics? I hosted those WAY before they were mainstream"

Houston is the school drug dealer, and he's rich because of it. Despite him being trash he is invited to every event just because of his 'connections'.

what's your thing with short people, btw?

what's your thing with short people, btw?

The short thing was a reference to Chenoweth.

Mr. Bernham was probably cut from his school lacrosse team. That's why he's bitter.

No, I actually swim and act.

Wanna talk about change? Most of the time I spend commenting here is also during school hours, it's on my school laptop.

Wanna talk about change? Most of the time I spend commenting here is also during school hours, it's on my school laptop.

You might wanna actual do some learning during that time, don't you think?

• Like 1

The short thing was a reference to Chenoweth.

No, I actually swim and act.

Oh jeez.

• Like 1

You might wanna actual do some learning during that time, don't you think?

It's only during breaks, we are blocked from the internet during class...well...except Spanish...I'm better at German anyways :lol: .

I was always the Tall Guy in Class, in both Primary and Secondary School so Mr.Bernham has nothing against me in that aspect. I don't know what I would do without a Mobile Phone (Iphone), Laptop, PS4, PS3, Xbox360 and Xbox One. Anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Olympic Games in New York City.

I don't know what I would do without a Mobile Phone (Iphone), Laptop, PS4, PS3, Xbox360 and Xbox One. Anyway.

Do you have all of those things Tony?

I was always the Tall Guy in Class, in both Primary and Secondary School so Mr.Bernham has nothing against me in that aspect. I don't know what I would do without a Mobile Phone (Iphone), Laptop, PS4, PS3, Xbox360 and Xbox One. Anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Olympic Games in New York City.

Well I was actually always and still am the shortest...I can live with out a phone and stuff, I have never been much or really at all a video game player so I could do without the game consoles as well.

Baron keeps saying that there's no need for an 80,000 seater in San Fran now that the Niners have a new stadium. Well, the same goes for NYC. There's no viable legacy that I can think of for a main stadium atm.

Ah, a New York Olympics! It's good to know the dream never quite dies! ;)

Just imagine if NYC goes up against Paris for 2024? What a contest THAT would be! :)

• Like 2

Baron keeps saying that there's no need for an 80,000 seater in San Fran now that the Niners have a new stadium. Well, the same goes for NYC. There's no viable legacy that I can think of for a main stadium atm.

I didn't say "there's no need..." What I said was that one is needed w/in San Francisco city limits if a bid is going to be taken seriously becuz the next, biggest, uptodate one is about an hour away in Santa Clara.

Doctroff is smart by eyeing sunnyside. The 7 line runs right under it so you can go from midtown to the stadium in a accessible way. And the views...

yes, it is smart actually. a westside stadium? i mean what were they thinking?

plus, i always used to get excited when i saw this as a kid. it would be kind of a hoot to have it become a world icon.

NEW YORK: home of the empire state building, 2/3 the statue of liberty, and the sunnyside sign.

sunnyside_sign.jpg

Could Lord David sue? I mean it's not an official logo and it's his work, it gives no credit to the creator. All they did was search NYC 2024 Olympics on Google images and pick the first picture that came up...lawsuit time!