New York Considers 2024 Olympic Bid

GBModerator

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first glance people would NEVER understand Almaty's logo, an apple for NYC makes perfect sense. It's like the Eiffel Tower, it's an icon of the city.

LOL, clueless American strike again. How the cr** can you say NYC makes a total sense to use an apple while having more iconic things to represent such city?

Why don't you educate yourself by checking every single bidding city's location, history, political status and most of all culture (including its toponym).

I don't want to use prejudice against some Americans and one Brit, but that is why the rest of the world underestimate you as cultured people :P

LOL, clueless American strike again. How the cr** can you say NYC makes a total sense to use an apple while having more iconic things to represent such city?

Why don't you educate yourself by checking every single bidding city's location, history, political status and most of all culture (including its toponym).

I don't want to use prejudice against some Americans and one Brit, but that is why the rest of the world underestimate you as cultured people :P

My comment was not clueless, I know Almatys connection to apples, secondly an apple representing a city commonly called "The Big Apple" makes total sense.

You are right. There are many Americans here who really teach us about the Olympics. What is really pissing off is some people's arrogance mixed with ignorance.

I'm not here to teach I'm here to talk about the Olympics.

No, Mr. Bernham has garnered himself a reputation of being an ignorant, uncultured American.

Yes, I'm so uncultured.

Just bcuz New York may be widely known as the "big apple" doesn't automatically mean that it should be or even somewhat be part of a bid logo, if the city were to ever bid again. It would be so tacky & cliche, & I would hope that a bid committee would be able to come up with something much more meaningful & interesting, especially when literally spending tens of millions on a bid campaign.

Plus, I also doubt the more obscure foreign visitors to American culture would even make sense of it at first glance. It's not like a literally, physical "icon", like the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Bulding (or even the Brooklyn Bridge), where anyone anywhere would immediately know it's New York. But an apple?! Please.

Just bcuz New York may be widely known as the "big apple" doesn't automatically mean that it should be or even somewhat be part of a bid logo, if the city were to ever bid again. It would be so tacky & cliche, & I would hope that a bid committee would be able to come up with something much more meaningful & interesting, especially when literally spending tens of millions on a bid campaign.

Plus, I also doubt the more obscure foreign visitors to American culture would even make sense of it at first glance. It's not like a literally, physical "icon", like the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Bulding (or even the Brooklyn Bridge), where anyone anywhere would immediately know it's New York. But an apple?! Please.

I'm not saying it should be the logo, I am seeing that if it were people would get it. However I would personally like to see Liberty incorporated, not only does she represent New York, but also the US and her relationships with other nations.

I'm not saying it should be the logo, I am seeing that if it were people would get it. However I would personally like to see Liberty incorporated, not only does she represent New York, but also the US and her relationships with other nations.

You can get both!

6fae.jpg

Well, the last logo had the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center. I wonder what they'll go with this time.

The WTC was not standing when they made the logo and as the owner of their bid book the WTC was not in the logo or any other picture for the bid. The only time the WTC was used was in the domestic race.

You can get both!

6fae.jpg

Or maybe this:

t9z39i.png

I always liked this alternate logo as well, kinda combines the running theme and Lady Liberty:

nyc_20121.gif

Thanks Mr. Bernham, I'm well aware that they were not standing at the time of the bid. But the towers are so obviously placed in the logo, it's totally the green and blue rectangles.

My comment was not clueless, I know Almatys connection to apples, secondly an apple representing a city commonly called "The Big Apple" makes total sense.

I'm not here to teach I'm here to talk about the Olympics.

Yes, I'm so uncultured.

Denifitely you have nothing to teach, anyway, my comments wasn't about you that you can even teach basic English for beginners.

Thanks Mr. Bernham, I'm well aware that they were not standing at the time of the bid. But the towers are so obviously placed in the logo, it's totally the green and blue rectangles.

Oh, I never noticed or even thought of that! Looking at it now it makes total sense.

Denifitely you have nothing to teach, anyway, my comments wasn't about you that you can even teach basic English for beginners.

German please...

Hey, I haven't been here for a while because I was on vacation. But they took my logo and used it. I don't care that the site did not credit my work, but surely out of all the logos potentially found out there (assuming it was found on Gamesbids and the like), I'm rather surprised that the winning logo was not chosen.

Hey, I haven't been here for a while because I was on vacation. But they took my logo and used it. I don't care that the site did not credit my work, but surely out of all the logos potentially found out there (assuming it was found on Gamesbids and the like), I'm rather surprised that the winning logo was not chosen.

They liked your logo. Be flattered ;)

Just soak up the compliment. :)

Archived