Poll Shows Hamburg 2024 Bid Has Support

GBModerator

• 2 weeks later...

The mayor of Copenhagen was in Hamburg today and hold a speech about the "Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link" in front of the chamber of commerce - in this speech the mayor advertised the idea of a joined bid of Hamburg and Copenhagen for Summer Olympics - the mayor is aware that the rules of the IOC has to be changed before...

In a way I like the idea - but of course I am aware it is very unlikely...

But it's two cities quite a distance from each other.

Copenhagen-Malmo would be a true spreading the burden of hosting across two cities which are right next to each other. Copenhagen-Hamburg just sounds like a logistical nightmare in the making.

The mayor of Copenhagen was in Hamburg today and hold a speech about the "Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link" in front of the chamber of commerce - in this speech the mayor advertised the idea of a joined bid of Hamburg and Copenhagen for Summer Olympics - the mayor is aware that the rules of the IOC has to be changed before...

In a way I like the idea - but of course I am aware it is very unlikely...

It is a good idea, mainly for cost sharing, but really no one would like a shared games...Didn't a proposal by Washington and Baltimore sort get the same response years ago...Or was that just one of this forums crazy ideas?

Archived