How successful will Rio 2016 be?

65 members have voted

1. 1. How will Rio 2016 go off?

• Best Games Ever
    • Good Games No Problems
    • A few Glitches
    • Many Problems / which seriously damager the games
    • Disaster requiring many plan B changes
  2. 2. Do you want Rio 2016 to be a success?

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No
  3. 3. What will be the biggest success in Rio?

• Sport
    • Legacy
    • Venues
    • Atmosphere / Human
    • Location / Nature / City
    • Cerimonies
    • Design / logo, look etc.

Obviously want a success.

My gut feeling is there may be a few not insignificant glitches and last minute rushes, but like Sochi things will work themselves out.

Sport will take care of itself, not sure about legacy though some neat ideas like converting the handball arena into a school suggest it's being thought about carefully, venues look decent enough, atmosphere should be great, but really it's the stunning location that will be the USP of these Games!

Question: How will Rio 2016 go off?

Answer: A few glitches.

Question: Do you want Rio 2016 to be a success?

Answer: Yes, of course I do, I'm an Olympic Fan and want all Olympic Games to be a success.

Question: What will be the biggest success in Rio?

Answer: Atmosphere.

Obviously want a success.

My gut feeling is there may be a few not insignificant glitches and last minute rushes, but like Sochi things will work themselves out.

Sport will take care of itself, not sure about legacy though some neat ideas like converting the handball arena into a school suggest it's being thought about carefully, venues look decent enough, atmosphere should be great, but really it's the stunning location that will be the USP of these Games!

The legacy is alright. Rio got more work and investments in the last 4 years than in the last 40. All already done for public transportation in Rio is already a true legacy.

The rest of your post I couldn't agree more.

Some glitches, nature/location will be remembered for long and sports and Opening Ceremony are what matters after all

Somebody wants a fiasco games. How sad.

Have to agree with some here...this is unfair and as can be seen will burst into flames...and it didn't take long for a regular to light up.

We always see reports two years out always with nervous observers stating unprepared facilities. Go back in 18 months time and all is well with the world.

As for it being the best games...how do we know?

Gosh there a faults in all Olympic hostings...London didn't get away perfect.

Have to agree with some here...this is unfair and as can be seen will burst into flames...and it didn't take long for a regular to light up.

We always see reports two years out always with nervous observers stating unprepared facilities. Go back in 18 months time and all is well with the world.

As for it being the best games...how do we know?

Gosh there a faults in all Olympic hostings...London didn't get away perfect.

Not it did not...just so I don't get grilled by people here: Atlanta was bad too...

Also my vote was more there will be many problems, but in the end no one will give a crap. Kinda like Atlanta...if not for that damn bomb :angry: , pray nothing like that happens in Rio so the shortcomings of the games are not remembered or over exaggerated.

• Like 1

Yes...Atlanta, as will ALL preparations, had its problems as well...I remember one of the temporary stands at Turner Field collapsed taking fatalities as well. And the media jumped up and down, "not ready, not ready". The games themselves weren't too bad but as we all know, the locals milked it and then a total moron bombed the spectator park.

^what?

Ok. The person who Voted anonymously that they want Rio 2016 to fail. I wonder if they would of Voted that they want Rio 2016 to fail if we could see who Votes what?