Eurovision Song Contest 2015

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares what kind of person they are. The whole beard thing is creepy. I can't be the only one who's disturbed by it?

I think you didn't get it: he wants that the people feel disturbed, since we stick to stereotypes - with his long wig and his beard at the same time he break through these stereotypes...

I was in the audience and I just can say his performance in the second semi final was breathtaking (much better than in the final or at the reprise) - his performance gives me goosebumps!

By the way Conchita Wurst (Thomas Neuwirth) participated at the Austrian national selection for the ESC 2012 and became second - with this song:

Erdogan just announced that Turkey wouldn't participate at the ESC anymore, due Conchita's victory

So they will pull out because a man with a beard wears a dress and makeup, but they stayed in when a full blown sex change singer won.

He seems to think the rest of Europe want Turkey in the contest anyway - its done fine without them. Maybe he should concentrate on killing his own people when they try to protest against their mistreatment instead of worrying about some facial hair.

VIENNA, AUSTRIA – The news confirmed via Instagram and the first international success for Conchita Wurst (aka Tom Neuwirth) comes from Lady GaGa herself. She officially invited the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest winner to join her in the European version of her tour titled “artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball” as of September 16th kicking off from Turkey and why not in Athens on September 19th.

Conchita Wurst accepted the news and confirmed them via Instagram saying: “OMG!!! Today officially signed a contract with Lady Gaga that I will act as the opening act on the tour ‘artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball’! I hope to be cool! I’m happy!”

We have booked a hotel in Vienna--I hope the dates don't change. Once they're confirmed we'll try to get 2 tickets on our points. Never been to Vienna and it'll be the 60th anniversary for the Contest next year. Even my wife is coming!

• 2 months later...

Vienna will host the 60th Eurovision Song Contest

"Vienna is the city of music and arts in the heart of Europe. Together we will do everything to assure a successful 60th Eurovision Song Contest." says Director General of ORF, Alexander Wrabetz.

"We are very pleased with ORF's decision to choose Vienna as the host city of the next Eurovision Song Contest," says Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervision on behalf of the EBU. "We are confident the city has the experience, people and the facilities to host the world's foremost entertainment event. With the cooperation between Vienna, ORF and the EBU, I'm sure we'll see three amazing shows in May."

The Semi-Finals of the 60th Eurovision Song Contest are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 19th and Thursday 21st of May, the Final is scheduled for Saturday, the 23rd of May.

Vienna2015_logo.jpg

I've got a hotel booked and hopefully will confirm the trip in a couple of months. Was in Istanbul and the energy in the arena was amazing--but I couldn't do the standing room thing (body isn't that fit). Hopefully we will get seats. Plan is to arrive the Saturday before and leave the day after. I'll probably be writing for ESCInsight.com so should have a press pass.

So pleased it's Vienna rather than Graz or Salzburg!

• 2 weeks later...

My flights are confirmed; as is my hotel. So very excited--first Eurovision since Istanbul 2004! Managed to score tickets in business class on points for the hateful journey to Europe (30 hours each way).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived