Eurovision Song Contest 2015

So the contest had departed Copenhagen, Dnemark and we now move down to the middle of the continent to Austria.

250px-Eurovision_Song_Contest_2015_logo.

The Provisional dates for 2015 are:

12th, 14th and 16th May 2015

The potential hosts so far:

Vienna

800px-Wiener_Stadthalle_Aussen_2008.jpg

Wiener Stadthalle - 16000

Salzburg

800px-EM-Stadion_Wals-Siezenheim_zur_Eur

RedBull Arena - 31000

Graz

800px-Grazer_Stadthalle.jpg

Stadhalle - 11000

So far 4 countries have declared their participation"

Austria

Sweden

Finland

Ireland

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they're the candidates? Interesting, they'd have to plonk a roof on the Red Bull Arena, Graz I think is probably too small (the city that is, don't know though) Vienna is the obvious candidate, the Stadthalle doesn't look that big in the picture but it must be. Doesn't Innsbruck have any arena left from 76? They must have, but I guess it's small or booked.

It seems that it will be Vienna - there is an arena with 16,000 capacity...

Just one other sentence about the shipyard hall in Kobenhavn - I liked the idea, but it seems that the planers didn't expected the difficulties which occurred during the transformation into an arena - I am not talking about the beauty of a venue, but necessary infrastructure for a venue for such a large event (transportation: there was only one street - the boats arrived in Nyhavn without any possibility of further transportation / rest rooms: that was really a joke you had to queue outside (it was very hot in the arena (water was dripping from the ceiling onto the audience) - outside it was extremely cold and windy) / No DJ outside to calm down the people like in Malmö or in London 2012 / the parking lot, where you could enter/left the buses were a sandy area (in London they did everything that the people could go to the venues (even to the smaller ones - like the whitewater venue - that you could reach them clean)

The people were all friendly, but the organization team was not aware that the selection of the shipyard buildings in an industrial wasteland will produce such difficulties...

Therefore I would like to see an Eurovision 2015 in a normal venue again, which is in an area, which is easy to access...

ORF.at - Viele Bewerber, Entscheidung demnächst (a lot of bids, decision soon)

Alexander Wrabetz (ORF) will announce the venue in the next two months.

Wien

- Stadthalle

- Messe (Exhibition)

- maybe Happel Stadium (very unlikely - due open-air)

Hofburg won't bid (venue of 1967)

And there will be other bids from other federal states

I wouldn't be surprised if they pick Vienna due to its intimate relationship with the history of classic music (despite Mozart being born in Salzburg, many prominent artists raised to fame at the capital of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire, such as Strauss) so I expect there will be a heavy theme related to this fact next year.

Vienna what a great host city ,

I can already see of how some of next years competition may shape up,

I think we can expect I think we can expect the Netherlands to be really going for the win
After coming second this year

I think we can expect another fantastic entry from Spain who will be trying to built a reputation for being a country to look out for.

The voters have memories and know who constantly enters good songs,
This is how Aszensasjasn becomes a Eurovision winner,

Austria who deserved to win this year with one of the best songs in the contest may not wont to win again ,so we will just have to weight to see what direction they go in.

I hope Moldova aren’t put off by not getting through to the finals with what was there best ever entry

And I hope San mareno enter another good song even though they finished nears the bottom this year with a song that should have been in the top three,

So they're the candidates? Interesting, they'd have to plonk a roof on the Red Bull Arena, Graz I think is probably too small (the city that is, don't know though) Vienna is the obvious candidate, the Stadthalle doesn't look that big in the picture but it must be. Doesn't Innsbruck have any arena left from 76? They must have, but I guess it's small or booked.

Uhm, Graz is almost twice the size of Salzburg, it's Austria's 2nd city and could probably cope easily if they had a suitable venue.

But it's clearly going to be Vienna, everything is in place there.

ORF just announced that Salzburg won't bid. The conservative Prime Minister of the Salzburg federal state is quoted, that the ESC won't fit in the culture program of the Salzburg state

I guess they think the city of Mozart couldn't possibly host something as 'trashy' as the ESC?

But that's a bit sad and ironic because I think Mozart would have loved it! He would no doubt have endeavoured to raise the quality of the singing but he loved a good party and the whole Eurovision atmosphere would probably have really appealed to him. Unlike some of the 21st century politicians now running his city, he was no stuffed shirt!

had you been interested in the ESC before?

No. I have no interest at all. I just googled the guy who won and he/she makes me a little uncomfortable. I understand it's being taken as a political statement and an FU to Putin, but I find the winner very strange.

Archived