Sign in to follow this  
Stu

IOC in "secret talks" with London

Abuja!!

Hambantota!!

Ulaanbaatar!!!

That city is going to get a lot of A's in their grading, just look at the city's name!

I really want to see a Rio Olympics. I never expected the preparations would run smoothly. Athens aside I can remember Barcelona getting "heat" right up to the last minute too. Lets not forget that London scaled back a wee bit too during the build. There's no doubt Brazil bit off more than it could chew with a World Cup and Olympics... and I'm sure had the Brazilian economy performed better over the last few years then things might be different. Ultimately the Olympics have to be scaled back so that they remain within reach for non Western cities. I think if London proved anything it was that the Olympics can be delivered on time to a decent budget without bankrupting a city or a country.

As for this report... its in the London Evening Standard... its a local newspaper for gods sake. Its handed out free on the tube because its so sh1t. I think you really do have to draw a distinction between a link to a local rag (posted on here by a known serial publisher of generic guff), and our non tabloid press - which as someone already said is well respected for investigative journalism (BBC, Times, Guradian etc)

... and WTF has the British Empire got to do with anything.... the vast majority of people in the UK can get by day to day without wistful thoughts of past "glories" and I suspect if we were offered our Empire back on a plate, with a side of onion bhaji's we wouldn't take it... move on... evolve your come-backs they're soooo 1890.

Edited by Ripley
  • Like 1

Tony that is cosmetic work, which takes at most two days.

Danny for the love of Jesus Christ the Savior stop milking this, you and Tony can get along. Tony (and everyone here) is trying to point out that Brazil is behind, of course Maracarana is completed they host Fifa in like two months. It's the other venues that are needed specifically for 2016 that are worrying, so get off Tony's case because he is trying to point this out to you.

Unless you are crazy, where did I say Brazil is not behind?

I don't talk to you anymore unless you answer me.

Like most here, I have looked forward to a South American host and another Southern Hemisphere games. Rio was the only city, apart from Brazillia that could host during these austere times. I think it's mean to overly criticize Rio while the place is building site. Maybe because Brazil isn't a superpower or major power so media can get away with it. Don't recall China getting a hard time.

I just think Chin Up Rio! You'll get there in the end.

I had a meeting today with an IOC Member regarding my PhD and asked the question about the IOC in secret talks with London to take over the games and was informed that this will not be happening. They said that Rio will host the games and the IOC will put resources and support into gettin Rio over the line to host a successful games.

Case Closed.
  • Like 1

What else did he say about other things Micheal

I couldnt possibly comment :)

I had a meeting today with an IOC Member regarding my PhD and asked the question about the IOC in secret talks with London to take over the games and was informed that this will not be happening. They said that Rio will host the games and the IOC will put resources and support into gettin Rio over the line to host a successful games.

Duh. (No offense).

Duh. (No offense).

Why Duh?

I was providing the forum with some information I had.

• Like 1

Why Duh?

I was providing the forum with some information I had.

See it as confirmation of what we were all thinking when the much beloved British media fell onto this ridiculous story Michael.
  • Like 1

edit

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Despite what everyone here says Rio will still be a hilarious failure. They should have waited until Brazil was an American state...

• Like 1

beloved British media

someone_in_brazil_loves_me_buttons-r3ba6 Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

someone_in_brazil_loves_me_buttons-r3ba6

Well done DannyelBrazil, nothing winds up a stirrer more than a positive reply.

• Like 1

I'm on a nice mood tonight...

8d6ab4e8b9cb11e3990012294a054669_8.jpg

• Like 1