Lima Peru 2028

If Lima Peru does an great job in hosting the 2019 Pan American Games then they could be an great city to host the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games it will be the 3rd Latin American Games, Lima is an international city and a fast developing country like Peru is I could see the IOC going to Lima very soon if they put on an great bid.

What do you think about Lima Peru hosting the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games?

If Lima Peru does an great job in hosting the 2019 Pan American Games then they could be an great city to host the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games it will be the 3rd Latin American Games, Lima is an international city and a fast developing country like Peru is I could see the IOC going to Lima very soon if they put on an great bid.

What do you think about Lima Peru hosting the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games?

I think that New Orleans would have a better shot at hosting the O's after a Pan-Ams rather then Lima.

South America has yet to host their first Olympics and you're already talking about another one? Way too soon to return to the continent just 12 years after Rio. Let's see how that one goes first before another South American city (particularly one not named Buenos Aires) is considered.

People on this board, specially the younger ones, are all clairvoyants. They can see or consider future hosts 50-60 years into the future. B)

It's not that, IMO. It's that they see a shiny new city and are like "ooh pretty, me likey" and they want everyone to talk about it. Some people here, it feels like if you jingled a set of keys in front of them, they'd giggle uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.

• Like 1

People on this board, specially the younger ones, are all clairvoyants. They can see or consider future hosts 50-60 years into the future. B)

So what? This is what some of these topics are about...what's wrong with ideas and discussions. The forum was created for this.

Of course we are going to see far fetched ideas...I never thought Atlanta would host the centennial games, much to the chargen of the global concensus at the time...they did!

You got to admit if Los Angeles USA wins the 2024 games and if Lima Peru does host an outstanding Pan American Games in 2019 and no good European city puts forward an bid for the 2028 Summer Games which is likely the way things are going on in Europe now then I could see Lima Peru very likely hosting the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games. Lima Peru is way ahead of Durban South Africa in international statues and by 2021 when the vote takes place Durban will still not hosted an multi sporting event unlike Lima so Lima will be ahead of Durban in the 2028 Summer Games bid race.

I was in Lima back in March, and I can't image them hosting anytime in the near future. I love Peru, and am going back this July, but they simply have a long way to go to be ready to host the Games.

Lima is also a very "ugly" city. It hardly rains, and has a lot of traffic/pollution problems.

I was in Lima back in March, and I can't image them hosting anytime in the near future. I love Peru, and am going back this July, but they simply have a long way to go to be ready to host the Games.

Lima is also a very "ugly" city. It hardly rains, and has a lot of traffic/pollution problems.

Yeah, I looked at that as well. A huge planned makeover that would take decades before you'd want to approach anything big like a OSGs...The Youth version is doable though.