Oslo 2022 Bid In Jeopardy

Now back on topic.

It is not the IOC itself that needs to be changed. Racism, bigotry, misogyny and other far worse crimes against ourselves have been committed against us by the same institutions that we as Americans, Canadians, Brits, Germans etc hold dear now. It is not the structure or system that needs to be changed but people at the core of the IOC.

I think most of us agree that we hold Nawal El Moutwakel in a much higher esteem than we hold most other IOC members. Why is that? Because she is competent, intelligent and direct. Another example is Gerard Heiberg, a leader of a OCOG. The IOC needs to stop appointing hangers-on and dignitaries and start appointing more NOC, IF and high ranking sporting officials that have a much wider, deeper and more meaningful understanding of international sport.

The IOC's reputation is not completely warranted, ignorance of the populace breeds much of the contempt. Even amongst people here that should know better.

The failures and mistrusts of people are also breed by OCOGs, bid leaders and the IOC overselling the benefits of the Olympics themselves. People need to become more realistic about the nature of the event, the benefits, drawbacks and impacts of hosting an Olympic Games. And people need to be more honest. The Olympics can be great catalyst for development and change but their glaring misuse as a propaganda tool has soured much goodwill.

• Like 3
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony - you are willfully choosing to be ignorant. You are refusing to learn even the most basic facts on a subject. And you are rejecting facts when spoonfed to you. Sad.

Now back on topic. It is not the IOC itself that needs to be changed. Racism, bigotry, misogyny and other far worse crimes against ourselves have been committed against us by the same institutions th

I'm laughing at the pompous IOC statement from November that they're happy to have twice as many bids for 2022 than they had for 2018, implying that it's no problem Munich and St Moritz didn't go forw

Tony Britain has more influence and power as an EU nation than if it were by itself. Britain is no longer an empire and has lost it's economic dominance, the EU insures that nations security and influence.

Also the only reasons nations are going bankrupt in the EU is because they joined the EU when they were not ready. They inflated their economic position and now they pay the price for it. Yeah it sucks, but that's what happens when you try to become something you are not.

I long for the day when Berlin is the capitol of Europe and the Windsor Family is no more (end sarcasm)

It's sad, still Oz is better then the crap we call America :P .

I beg to differ on your first point. Anyway, back to topic please. Oslo 2022.

Just had a quick 2 minute google and was able to come across this

"Unemployment in the UK has hit a 5 year low at 6.9%.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27046681

Following what Rob said, I live in a country which has built a giant hatred towards foreigners, we keep asylum seekers and those fleeing persecution in detention camps including hundreds of children and various agencies have said that they are not getting the basic necessities. The belief that these people are taking British jobs is clearly a lie, realize that these people are real and need help and stop seeing them as people that are "taking your jobs". If you're going to be moving into the "big wide world" and get a job, you need to get rid of your ridiculous, childish views.

It's my opinion.

I beg to differ on your first point. Anyway, back to topic please. Oslo 2022.

It's my opinion.

Tony your the one who drifted the topic! Defend what you say and own up to your words, not some shallow "Anyway, back to topic please."