Survey Shows More Poles Against Krakow Hosting 2022 Winter Games

GBModerator

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really getting tired of this "bashing bids" mumbo-jumbo. No one is doing no such thing & there wasn't a "flame war" going on. It was merely one individual accusing of such bcuz they didn't agree with the majority in this thread over what became the "hot off-topic" debate.

Like Q said, a lot of us have strong opinions here. And some moreso than others since we've seen a lot of these things unfold throughout the years to have a good inclination of how the IOC could go.

I could say the same thing about the ones who constantly criticize South Africa, etc, but I don't. I just disagree with them. As far as things "calming down" in this thread, it was coming along just fine until you came it & started it up again. Go figure.

Don't try and twist the tables. Tensions were high last night between you and Mr.Bernham. He even said his taking a break, that's how much the situation annoyed him.

Whatever. You're just trolling now. His "taking a break" merely translated into if you can take the heat, then just get outta the kitchen. Just go look at the USA 2024 thread right now. There seems to be another kind of "flame war" going on over there. If people don't want their opinions to be challenged, then they should just 'take a perpetual break' from this website. And that's the last I'll say on this, & won't be baited by your tactics.

Whatever. You're just trolling now. His "taking a break" merely translated into if you can take the heat, then just get outta the kitchen. Just go look at the USA 2024 thread right now. There seems to be another kind of "flame war" going on over there. If people don't want their opinions to be challenged, then they should just 'take a perpetual break' from this website. And that's the last I'll say on this, & won't be baited by your tactics.

I have no tactics. I tried to calm down the atmosphere and you became defensive. Giving your Opinion and having a discussion is fine, but when it starts turning into a argument, that's when it's an issue. I think your the one with tactics. You and Mr.Bernham were in a 'Argument' last night, at my time. It was that much of an argument, he said his taking a break. Whether he meant it or not, he said it, because it was a heated argument. I don't want a repeat argument, I'm not arguing with you, I'm telling you how I see it.

Only a few months ago we were seeing - similar to past bids from less developed nations - very high approval ratings for Krakow's Olympic project.

Just like Tokyo residents changed their mind, transforming the support rate typical to high developed nations to the support typical to less developed nations, similar to, hmm China? :)

Poland did the opposite thing in just six months! We changed the support rate typical to less developed nations to the rate typical to Norway/Germany/Switzerland. Good for us!

Why the very sudden drop off, or is it simply a case of there being a different perspective nationally compared with locally?

Not that “very sudden drop”, there was a 6-month gap between the public polls. I posted a very worrisome public poll just a month ago, but people on this board didn’t really believe it - I didn’t believe that poll either. How naive was I :(

How this whole fuckup happened?

Public polls held in November 2013 were really favorable. Later, Jagna & the rest of the Bid Committee made mistakes. Some of them were significant (awfully organized logo contest), some of them were really minor. For example, the official website comprised a photoshopped picture of Krakow with Tatra Mountains placed on the eastern side from the Krakow Main Square, Polish media did a 3-day smearing campaign over that particular one photo, accusing the Bid Committee for lying to the foreign website visitors, or even to the IOC.

The English/French applicant bid book leaked 3 days before the official presentation of the Polish version. Some media depicted it as an another attempt to hide the real costs of the Games, because, according to them, the real applicant bid book was never to be released to the public.

And don’t start asking me about the data included in that bid book. Just look at the Wikipedia entry. Krakow 2022 has the most expended site from all the bids. According to that Wikipedia entry, living in Krakow is basically like living on Mars.

After the official Polish-language bid book presentation, Krakow’s mayor got cold feet and call for a referendum. You know the rest of the story…

Who is to blame for that huge embarrassing known as Krakow 2022 bid? Partially the committee led by Jagna, mostly the Polish (Warsaw-based) media. Foreign media isn’t spotless either. Poland is a still developing country, Poles are highly sensitive to the opinions about their country coming from foreign media. And what we got? Just look at the opinions about Krakow's bid.

Until the Referendum's Results are confirmed, there's no Oslo or Krakow are out. All this speculation, let the Referendum do the talking.

Speculation is what this site is all about. That's what we're doing. We know that Oslo is still in the race. But there's a referendum in front of them that might drop them out. And it's going to get discussed here, as well it should.

I's just add that considering the political and support problems hounding Oslo, it'd be foolhardy to consider them "favourites" any more. It might well be the preferred location for many of us on this board, and many of us hope they'll stick it out and win, but on an objective level, they can't be considered anything but on very shaky ground.

As if SSC was any better when it comes to such sort of things. Well, I can tell you first-hand, that it's not. And that's why I much prefer these boards here than anything "debated" about over there. And why I haven't bothered with that site anymore in quite a long time. This board is mainly geared to Olympic subjects & therefore creates more heated debates when it comes to the topic. The other place just has hotheads from all sorts. So I can do without.

Wow, I've been seeing how f*****g rude many are with Tony. Teach him, don't bully him. It started to become annoying :angry: I'm starting to understand why there are many critics about this forum and people prefer to go to skyscrapercity or others.

If you had been here more over the past few months, you would have a better idea of what's gone on. We've tried to teach Tony and allow him to learn from his mistakes. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. So many of us, myself included, are at a loss how to interact with him.

Yeah guys, I've been here for years. Sometimes I post, sometimes I only read your comments. What I say is that sometimes you sound hostile and it's annoying for many of us. Try to be level-headed.

I have personally tried to help Tony, from multiple PM's where I give him advice. Sometimes he listens to it sometimes he doesn't, we have a system where I can call him out when he 'spams' or something like that.

Yeah guys, I've been here for years. Sometimes I post, sometimes I only read your comments. What I say is that sometimes you sound hostile and it's annoying for many of us. Try to be level-headed.

Again, we've tried. Many of us. We're trying to work with him here. But sometimes though it gets to be much though. So yea, sometimes it comes off as sounding a little hostile. I'm past the point where I'm going to apologize for that.

Archived