Olympic Bid Tournament: Season One Restart

Sorry for the last thread, this is the new and improved one ;)

Welcome, everyone to the first season of the Olympic Bid Tournament!

Now unlike similar competitions in the past this one is very different: Instead of asking each individual player to make a bid book on their own, you will make yours with a team. In addition to this the bid books will not be written in one sitting, but instead through a series of challenges which will cover every possible detail of a bid using past bid books as a guide. At the conclusion of each challenge your team will submit your work, it will then be judged by the GB Bid Committee. A winner will be decided, that winner will be given a maximum of five points. The second place winner for that week's challenge will receive three points. Third place will receive two points. And everyone else will receive one point. However, there is a twist: The team that receive the least amount of points after a challenge will each lose one member of their team for a week. So you must play to survive and win!

At the end of the last challenge their should be three clear-cut winners. These teams will be "shortlisted". Once shortlisted, all of your challenge submissions must be put together in a bid book that follows the design of ones before it (check out the bid book collectibles thread for a link to them). Then the GB community will vote to decide the final host city.

This year I will make things easier by doing the 2022 Winter Games. The teams will be handpicked by the committee and within your teams (I recommend starting a PM with them once you know who they are) will pick the city you would like to bid with. You will then list the name of your city here. After all the teams have selected a city you will receive your first challenge. Good luck!

If you would like to play, please introduce yourself below and list some good talents you have that would give your team the winning edge!

Tony was told not to start his by many people. His thread was just made because he could not grow up and be patient.

Bernham, I thought we sorted this via PM and you accepted my apology?

Tony was told not to start his by many people. His thread was just made because he could not grow up and be patient.

I think whats really immature is the fact that you are telling other people to "grow up". Quoting from a book I've read once: "it is easier to change yourself, rather than to change others." Also, by putting GIFs and quotes in your signature, it really makes you look very self centered as if you are the one who is all "grown up" (Which I' pretty sure you are not IRL) looking down upon the newbies or users whom you have some sort of grudge against. I know I'm only a mere newbie and I should respect the more "experienced" users, but when people do things like that it really starts making my insides bubble up with anger. I'm sorry if I've offended you >.<

I think whats really immature is the fact that you are telling other people to "grow up". Quoting from a book I've read once: "it is easier to change yourself, rather than to change others." Also, by putting GIFs and quotes in your signature, it really makes you look very self centered as if you are the one who is all "grown up" (Which I' pretty sure you are not IRL) looking down upon the newbies or users whom you have some sort of grudge against. I know I'm only a mere newbie and I should respect the more "experienced" users, but when people do things like that it really starts making my insides bubble up with anger. I'm sorry if I've offended you >.<

I'm considered a Newbie myself, I have also taken the gif down. The reason I was telling people "grow-up" is because some people here (including myself) are very immature in the manner we conduct some conversations here. And no you should not 'respect' the more "experienced" users, it's just something some of the whip out to make themselves feel more important.

With that said you should treat everyone with the same respect and dignity here and any where you go. And no you did not offend me, anyways welcome to GamesBids!

My motto - Treat people how you want to be treated. If you want respect, you have to earn it.

Anyway, Competition Time! I'm sure Mr.Berham will organise a brilliant Competition.

I'm considered a Newbie myself, I have also taken the gif down. The reason I was telling people "grow-up" is because some people here (including myself) are very immature in the manner we conduct some conversations here. And no you should not 'respect' the more "experienced" users, it's just something some of the whip out to make themselves feel more important.

With that said you should treat everyone with the same respect and dignity here and any where you go. And no you did not offend me, anyways welcome to GamesBids!

Ahhh... I see. Thank you!

Screw it, this is a fail. I'm joining Krows comp!

A shame that your host city contest has been cancelled, because a sixteenth here knew how to design an Olympic bid book having known more of their cities interested in hosting the Olympic Games

But next time, I'll host the first competition dedicated to YOG host cities (Obvious that its organisation is fairly more simple than the bigger counterpart) you'll just wait n' c when i publish it

TBH I'm kinda sick of all the, "come back this time, or this time, then we will be interested" you guys are never interested.

Well, Looks like it has to be cancelled. I got mine on the works, but not ready for public unveiling

Archived