happy easter! does god exist?

krow

19 members have voted

1. 1. THOU SHALL VOTE

• no
    • yes
    • baptized in the light of the seven (game of thrones. what?? can you believe last week? crazy, right?)

cut and dry, yes or no.

also, there's no "i don't know." that's a cop out. you know. if you must, pretend we're sitting indian style at a sleepover and playing that game where you have to say the first thing that comes into your head. peanut butter or jelly (peanut butter). red or blue? (red). athensfan or FYI? (FYI. eeee omg don't hate me!) yes god or no god?

and no "i'm spiritual, not religious" choice either 'cause that drives me nuts. "oh, you know, i have a spiritual side for sure, but i don't go to church." you know what that is? polite conversation. you can hold that view and still vote in my poll.

the game of thrones choice is a gag. it's 'no + GoT fan' for all intents and purposes, but kind of like pleading 'no contest' instead of 'guilty' because who the hell wants to admit they're guilty when you can admit to liking game of thrones instead?

i would also care to hear your thoughts. i'm certain we can keep this civil. or maybe not. there's a 50/50 chance it's going to become a tony e bash thread anyway.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, born and bred Catholic. However I consider myself rather liberal socially, and Christian/Muslim Fundamentalist get on my damn nerves. God it's those fools that make me wonder if God is real or not, I mean how could he create such close minded, misogynistic, retarded, offensive, hypocritical bigots? At least Atheist are not trying to ban the teaching of Evolution across America, or killing everyone who is not of their faith.

I don't believe in God, but Happy Easter to you all, I love chocolate!

I respect you view and all, but I'm confused...how do you celebrate Easter if you do not believe in God? Unless it's like a Thank the Fu<k!ng Universe it's Spring Celebration...and even then I still find it confusing as to why you would pick for it to lie in the same time slot of an ultra-Christian holiday who's date changes yearly.

Yes, born and bred Catholic. However I consider myself rather liberal socially, and Christian/Muslim Fundamentalist get on my damn nerves. God it's those fools that make me wonder if God is real or not, I mean how could he create such close minded, misogynistic, retarded, offensive, hypocritical bigots? At least Atheist are not trying to ban the teaching of Evolution across America, or killing everyone who is not of their faith.

I respect you view and all, but I'm confused...how do you celebrate Easter if you do not believe in God? Unless it's like a Thank the Fu<k!ng Universe it's Spring Celebration...and even then I still find it confusing as to why you would pick for it to lie in the same time slot of an ultra-Christian holiday who's date changes yearly.

Well, I wasn't quite clear. I celebrate Easter as it's a Family Gathering and I love Chocolate.

I believe in God born into the Roman Catholic Church but went to the Pentecostal Church when I was 17 and still in the PC I am a Social libertarian God gave us free will and I am hate those Christian Fundamentalist who pick and choose the parts of the Bible they like and ignore the other parts,

Yes. I believe in evolution and an old earth, but I believe our world as it developed in all its beauty and complexity was also very deliberately designed by a creative, relational God who is knowable.

I am a old earth Creationist I believe the world is 2 billion years old and God helped to create the world with the help of evolution to create were we are today the earth is 6,000 years old talk is rubbish I don't take anyone seriously who says that.

I believe in the Big Bang Theory. Scientists are always finding evidence to support the Big Bang Theory and it seems the only way it could of all made the Universe. That's my belief anyway.

I believe in the Big Bang Theory. Scientists are always finding evidence to support the Big Bang Theory and it seems the only way it could of all made the Universe. That's my belief anyway.

Did you know an Roman Catholic Priest came up with the Big Bang Theory with the big bang you know.

I guess you can still believe God started the Big Bang. God just gets pushed back further and further.

Not necessarily. Just because the world has evolved and developed doesn't mean it did so all by itself. There can still be a Prime Mover who not only set it all in motion, but who maintains active, if unseen, involvement in the ongoing development.

For me it takes a whole lot more faith to believe that the extraordinary natural world is an accident that initiated itself than it does for me to believe it was thoughtfully, intentionally designed.

Well, I believe in the Scientific side of things, as there is always evidence to support this. I believe the Big Bang created everything in existence.

Tony it isn't science vs. God. They're not mutually exclusive. What touched off the Big Bang?

True. There are theories that there was a Universe before our Universe. Also, for believers in God, you could aruge what touch off God?

Well, that's what makes God God. God is outside of time and the physical world and has no beginning or end and no limitations.

But I don't believe in God.

Archived