Vietnam WITHDRAW the 2019 Asian Games Host!

Pui from HK

I also found this on Wikipedia. Potential takeover Countries:

- Taiwan (Chinese Taipei) (Probably Taipei as City) - Sports Affairs Administration said they are in interested in other international sports events and New Taipei City is bidding for the 2023 Games. Kaohsiung meanwhile claimed they would spend one month for evaluating the possibility.

- Indonesia (Probably Surabaya or Jakarta) - Favourite to host the Games and proud to be if selected. However, they realised the budget is differ to the pass and Indonesia Olympic Committee chairwoman Rita Subowo questioned whether they have enough time for preparation and new government may not agree to the plan.

- Japan (Probably Tokyo) - Not interested, focus on 2020 Summer Olympics and also the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

- Malaysia (Probably Kuala Lumpur) - Considering, if the Olympic Council of Asia help in financial as cost of hosting is too high. However, Youth and Sports Minister denied any plan to host and claimed the top priority is for 2017 Southeast Asian Games.

- Singapore (Probably Singapore) - Not interested, as claimed by Ng Ser Miang, vice-president of the Singapore National Olympic Council.

- Thailand (Probably Bangkok) - Not interested, cited that five years time is too short for preparation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Asian_Games#cite_note-12 - Source: Wikipedia.

Sorry for the Double Post.

thanks tony i just remembered about indonesia president election to be held in 9 july and the 3 biggest candidate is :

1. Joko Widodo = disagree to asiad

2. Prabowo Subianto = may agree to asiad

3. Aburizal Bakrie = possibly agree to asiad

but however most of indonesians were likely to choose the first candidate so bye bye asiad!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks tony i just remembered about indonesia president election to be held in 9 july and the 3 biggest candidate is :

1. Joko Widodo = disagree to asiad

2. Prabowo Subianto = may agree to asiad

3. Aburizal Bakrie = possibly agree to asiad

but however most of indonesians were likely to choose the first candidate so bye bye asiad!!!

Then it'll probably be between Taiwan and the UAE. They'll find a sucka to do it.

Asian Games: No penalty for Vietnam pullout, says OCA

SINGAPORE: Vietnam will not face any penalty for withdrawing from hosting the 2019 Asian Games, the influential Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) said on Thursday.

OCA president Sheikh Ahmad Al Fahad Al Sabah made the comment after a Vietnamese delegation expressed regret for the withdrawal during a visit to the body's headquarters in Kuwait.

"The unique (nature) of Asian sports is our strong unity and solidarity, which will be on top of any kind of penalty within (the) Asia sports family," Sheikh Ahmad said in a statement.

"Our unity and solidarity are very unique -- there isn't any kind of penalty, but support and understanding," he added.

Vietnam last week said that for financial reasons it had decided not to host the Games -- the world's biggest multi-sports event after the Olympics -- and would explore ways to formally withdraw.

The Southeast Asian country has been hit by falling economic growth and with scant existing facilities to hold such a large event, public opposition was growing.

"Vietnam isn't experienced enough in hosting such a big scale of sports event," Vietnamese sports minister Hoang Tuan Anh said in the OCA statement.

"After understanding all of those obstacles and careful consideration, we are looking for OCA's sympathy and understanding on our withdrawal."

Indonesia is considered the strongest candidate to take over the 2019 Games, although a source told AFP last week that two other candidates had emerged in East Asia.

Incheon in South Korea will host this year's edition of the quadrennial tournament, featuring nearly 50 sports and disciplines with more than 400 gold medals on offer.

- AFP/de

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/asian-games-no-penalty/1081772.html

Hey !!!! Long time no see, sorry for the hiatus... what's up guys ??? :), Ok i'm back beacuse of this news, from Indonesia, the minister of sport and youth wants to bid with Surabaya... (the f*ck*ng idiot minister, how come a minister of sport and youth forget about national anthem lyric ?? and now his didn't elected to be the member of house of representative, thanks God), and as zigzag said, at july 9th, we'll have a presidential election, and at this point, Joko Widodo (the current Jakarta Governor) seems like will be the president, and since until now, people believe that he's a quite clean officer (people believe that he's not a corrupt one), so let's just assume that Indonesia won't bid this time :), maybe 2023 or 2027 :)...

Hey !!!! Long time no see, sorry for the hiatus... what's up guys ??? :), Ok i'm back beacuse of this news, from Indonesia, the minister of sport and youth wants to bid with Surabaya... (the f*ck*ng idiot minister, how come a minister of sport and youth forget about national anthem lyric ?? and now his didn't elected to be the member of house of representative, thanks God), and as zigzag said, at july 9th, we'll have a presidential election, and at this point, Joko Widodo (the current Jakarta Governor) seems like will be the president, and since until now, people believe that he's a quite clean officer (people believe that he's not a corrupt one), so let's just assume that Indonesia won't bid this time :), maybe 2023 or 2027 :)...

let's hope so!!! maybe with exception if it's prabowo or arb that will be selected....

Sorry for Double Post:

As I said, in terms of Experience and Venues, Tokyo, Japan would be a safe option for the Olympic Council of Asia to choose for the 2019 Asian Games. The only problem is, is Tokyo's busy schedule. The 2019 Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. I still have no idea why Singapore isn't going for it, considering they wouldn't have to spend much, as they have their Brand New Sports Hub.

Sorry for Double Post:

As I said, in terms of Experience and Venues, Tokyo, Japan would be a safe option for the Olympic Council of Asia to choose for the 2019 Asian Games. The only problem is, is Tokyo's busy schedule. The 2019 Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. I still have no idea why Singapore isn't going for it, considering they wouldn't have to spend much, as they have their Brand New Sports Hub.

Sorry for Double Post:

Didn't you say in your "apology thread" that you were taking a "long break"? Some break.

• 2 weeks later...

Today during the 100 days countdown ceremony of the Nanjing 2014 YOG, the CCP secretary (who is the real leader of the city ahead of the mayor) of Nanjing YANG Weize said Nanjing "is capable to host the 2019 Asian Games" and if there is really need "Nanjing is willing to take the responsibility". However, there is no formal submission to the PR China NOC yet.

Wow, have I been so long out to miss this? I mean, not suprising,but I bet the newe process to choose a city will go with a safe choice, Beijing, somewhere in Japan but Tokyo, even Dubai has the money...

If Singapore to take over the 2019 Asian Games, she will need to face the problem of providing the Games village, as well as the venues for some big events, such as Football (need several stadiums. YOG only have 1, and only 16 countries (8 Boys 8 Girls) in football tournament), Canoeing, Cycling Velodrome, etc. YOG Swimming and Diving are not the same venue as well.

For Games Village, what I can help to think is to rent the cruise during Games time, or co-host with Iskandar region, as there is a lot of upcoming property projects coming up (Iskandar region is in Johor Bahru, 2nd largest city in Malaysia). There is a high-speed train project going on, and it can be used for the Games period first.

If Singapore to take over the 2019 Asian Games, she will need to face the problem of providing the Games village, as well as the venues for some big events, such as Football (need several stadiums. YOG only have 1, and only 16 countries (8 Boys 8 Girls) in football tournament), Canoeing, Cycling Velodrome, etc. YOG Swimming and Diving are not the same venue as well.

For Games Village, what I can help to think is to rent the cruise during Games time, or co-host with Iskandar region, as there is a lot of upcoming property projects coming up (Iskandar region is in Johor Bahru, 2nd largest city in Malaysia). There is a high-speed train project going on, and it can be used for the Games period first.

Singapore has 2. They could use the Floating Stadium and the New Sports Hub Stadium.

Archived