2014-15 ISU Figure Skating Season

Saitama hosted the last important event of the figure skating. With that, it officially ends the 2013-14 figure skating season and the road to Shanghai for Worlds 2015 officially begins. Below are the schedule of the 2014-15 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating tournaments.

2014/15 ISU Grand Prix Schedules

Skate America, 24-26 Oct, Chicago (Hoffman Estates), Illinois
Skate Canada Int'l, 31 Oct - 02 Nov, Kelowna, British Columbia
Cup of China, 7-9 November, Shanghai
Rostelecom Cup, 14-16 November, Moscow
Trophee Eric Bompard, 21-23 November, TBA
NHK Trophy, 28-30 November, Osaka
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, 11-14 December, Barcelona

Important Tournaments

26 Jan - 1 Feb - European Figure Skating Championships; Stockholm, Sweden

19 - 15 Feb - Four Continents Figure Skating Championshipsl; Seoul, South Korea

2 - 8 March - World Junior Figure Skating Championships; Tallinn, Estonia

23 - 29 March - World Figure Skating Championships; Shanghai, China

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple Spot for Worlds 2015

With Three (3) spots

Men: Japan, USA

Ladies: Japan, USA, Russia

Pairs: Canada, China, Russia

Ice Dance: Canada, Russia, USA

With Two (2) spots:

Men: Canada, China, Spain, Russia, France, Czech Republic

Ladies: Canada, Italy, Korea

Pairs: Germany, Italy, France, USA

Ice Dance: Italy, France, United Kingdom

Cinquanta is an idiot. He needs to go.

They won't change anything. They won't change the result. Yuna was robbed. It's unfair and the world keeps turning.

Only thing is, we're all a little more disenchanted with figure skating.

I fully agree. I really miss the 6.0 years. Now, the programs are too generic. i don't see a program that stands out that much anymore. even yu-na's. i hope cinquanta is booted out soon. we can't wait for 2016 before he leaves. time to let figure skating be governed by figure skaters with a separate body.

So apparently, it does seem very likely that Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov are splitting. Katsalapov has teamed up with Victoria Sinitsina and they are in the process of a 3-4 test skate period in Detroit with Marina Zoueva, to end around May 12. In the meantime, Ilinykh is supposedly teaming up with Sinitsina's old partner, Ruslan Zhiganshin. Ilinykh and Zhiganshin are said to be going over to Elena Kustarova.

There are a number of other splits rumored with varying levels of certainty - a lot of Russian & Eastern European dance teams, in short.

The one that's most intriguing to me is the US's Tim LeDuc and DeeDee Leng are rumored to be splitting (emphasis on rumored). I thought they had a lot of potential... Too bad. BUT. If we could get Tim LeDuc with someone good... Tim is a really magentic skater, I think.

And somehow get to split Weaver and Poje. They look too good. :lol:

What's a 3-4 skate??

Katsalapov & Sinitsina are basically 'trying out' with Zoueva for a month. She's seeing what she thinks of them together as a pair (to make a recommendation to the Russian fed, although I think very few people are under any illusions now that the relationship between Ilinykh & Katsalapov could be salvaged, and gauging if she would be willing to take them into her group.

Could be potentially REALLY BAD news for the Shibutanis if she takes Katsalapov & Sinitsina. The Shibutanis have a great level of base skating skills, but I think they've A) been punished by judges for that 'too early' world medal and B) they've stagnated under Zoueva. I was hoping for the Shibutanis to go to another coach, but it seems like they're pretty committed to Zoueva, unfortunately.

If the Russians kicked out foreign skaters in 2012? or 2013? I don't see why the US Figure Skating Fed can't do the same--especially in the light of the sanctions in Crimea. I mean their dancers have already flooded the Ballroom Dancing ranks; and hopefully took out US residency & citizenship too.

I wonder how many of the transplanted Russian coaches now teaching in the US are sleeper agents for the KGB? I think what's-her-face Oxsana Gritschuk is one....for sure. ;)

Thought this might make you all laugh/groan:

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_04_22/Sochi-bids-for-2017-World-Figure-Skating-champs-official-0001/

Sochi is bidding for the 2017 ISU World Championships.

Only if the entire judging panels are Russian!!

But the last WOG host city usually gets the ISU Worlds in the following Olympic year. (I know World Cup might happen that year...)

So we've got Glasgow, Sochi, and Helsinki (although the last one might just be a rumor?? haven't seen a press source on that one).

Stockholm is also bidding.

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch have split.

this is a big blow to the pairs program. just when they are starting to really leave their mark.

So we've got Glasgow, Sochi, and Helsinki (although the last one might just be a rumor?? haven't seen a press source on that one).

Well, if Stockholm's also in the mix; I think it might go Glasgow 2017 (Glasgow's never hosted) and probably offer 2018 to Sochi (as per tradition). Helsinki last hosted in 1999; Stockholm in 1922 (and Gothenburg's hosted recently in 1976 and 2008). The last UK hosting was in 1995 at Birmingham.

Once the new Warriors Arena's foundations are laid, I hope San Francisco can bid/host for 2022 or 2023. (The last time was in Oakland in 1992 -- so it would be like 30 years for the Bay Area from that time.)

they might give 2017 to Helsinki since they've lost 2 straight (to Shanghai and Boston respectively).

Well, if Stockholm's also in the mix; I think it might go Glasgow 2017 (Glasgow's never hosted) and probably offer 2018 to Sochi (as per tradition). Helsinki last hosted in 1999; Stockholm in 1922 (and Gothenburg's hosted recently in 1976 and 2008). The last UK hosting was in 1995 at Birmingham.

Once the new Warriors Arena's foundations are laid, I hope San Francisco can bid/host for 2022 or 2023. (The last time was in Oakland in 1992 -- so it would be like 30 years for the Bay Area from that time.)

I wonder if Canada's next hosting will remain in the East (with the new Quebec City Amphitheater) or West either in Winnipeg or Edmonton (new arena)

Updated 2014/15 ISU Grand Prix Schedules

Skate America, 24-26 Oct, Chicago (Hoffman Estates), Illinois

Skate Canada Int'l, 31 Oct - 02 Nov, Kelowna, British Columbia

Cup of China, 7-9 November, Shanghai

Rostelecom Cup, 14-16 November, Moscow

Trophee Eric Bompard, 21-23 November, Bordeaux

NHK Trophy, 28-30 November, Osaka

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, 11-14 December, Barcelona

Archived