Olympic Bid Tournament: Season One

Welcome Everyone to the first season of the Olympic Bid Tournament! Now unlike similar competitions in the past this one is very different. Instead of asking each individual player to make a bid book on their own, you will make yours with a team. In addition to this the bid books will not be written in one sitting, but instead through a series of challenges which will cover every possible detail of a bid using past bid books as a guide. At the conclusion of each challenge your team will submit your work, it will then be judged by the GB Bid Committee. A winner will be decided, that winner will be given a maximum of five points, the second place winner for that weeks challenge will receive three points, and the third place two, everyone else will receive 1. At the end of the last challenge their should be three clear-cut winners, these teams will be "shortlisted" once shortlisted all of your challenge submissions must be put together in a bid book that follows the design of ones before it (check out the bid book collectibles thread for a link to them). Then the GB community will vote to decide the final host city. However, there is a twist. The team(s) that receive the least amount of points after a challenge will each loose one member of their team for a week. So you must play to survive and win! This year I will make things easier by doing the 2022 Winter Games, the teams will be handpicked by the committee and within your teams (I recommend starting a PM with them once you know who they are) will pick the city you would like to bid with. You will then list the name of your city here. After all the teams have selected a city you will receive your first challenge. Good luck! If you would like to play, please introduce yourself below and list some good talents you have that would give your team the winning edge!

How exactly are you going to choose the member that is removed from the group(s) with the least points. Do you just choose a competitor you like the least, does the team goose l choose who it wants to through under the bus. It's not like you know who did the least/worst work if it's all done in private between a team.

I really think the team concept is flawed, it's just doesn't work over the internet. I do like the staggered stages of entry process though. That (at least at first glance) makes it look a lot easier for the inexperienced game a bid a book a contestant, me. Let's see what the GB veterans make of this.

Good luck. :)

*ignore the "goose I". Phone keyboard spasm.

Mr. Bernham, mind your writing next time, as that big chunk o' paragraph won't be understood by everyone interested

THIS is how you should write on the next time, and THIS is my re-edit:

Welcome, everyone to the first season of the Olympic Bid Tournament!

Now unlike similar competitions in the past this one is very different: Instead of asking each individual player to make a bid book on their own, you will make yours with a team. In addition to this the bid books will not be written in one sitting, but instead through a series of challenges which will cover every possible detail of a bid using past bid books as a guide. At the conclusion of each challenge your team will submit your work, it will then be judged by the GB Bid Committee. A winner will be decided, that winner will be given a maximum of five points. The second place winner for that week's challenge will receive three points. Third place will receive two points. And everyone else will receive one point. However, there is a twist: The team that receive the least amount of points after a challenge will each lose one member of their team for a week. So you must play to survive and win!

At the end of the last challenge their should be three clear-cut winners. These teams will be "shortlisted". Once shortlisted, all of your challenge submissions must be put together in a bid book that follows the design of ones before it (check out the bid book collectibles thread for a link to them). Then the GB community will vote to decide the final host city.

This year I will make things easier by doing the 2022 Winter Games. The teams will be handpicked by the committee and within your teams (I recommend starting a PM with them once you know who they are) will pick the city you would like to bid with. You will then list the name of your city here. After all the teams have selected a city you will receive your first challenge. Good luck!

If you would like to play, please introduce yourself below and list some good talents you have that would give your team the winning edge!

Edited by eternalcobi

eternalcobi, thanks for the input...the reason everything was in one long mushed paragraph was because for the last few weeks my laptop had a few viruses. It was re-imaged today so no more long paragraphed posts. However, I appreciate the input.

Rols can you delete this thread? I want to start a new one sense my laptop is fixed. Thanks!